My Fast GTi banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll start with my story, everybody else can follow up.

Let me start by saying I'm only 16 yrs old. I'm friends with the guys up at the vw dealership and so i went up there to check out the new gti. The service manager asks me if i want to take it out for a test drive. we go out onto the lot find a DSG and we get in. I pull out of the dealership and stomp on it, right behind me a cop, lights on. i start to freak out cause ive already got a ticket, another one and my license is suspended. i pull over, hands shaking, pants wet, and the cop flys by me. the whole time the service manager is laughing his butt off. i do a u-turn, get to a red light. turn off the traction control, light turns green and i leave a puff of smoke behind me. sooner than i know it, im going 85 in a 30 mph zone, service manager laughing his butt off once again. i pull back into the dealership and the GM walks out to "greet" me. "SHIT Ian, what the hell are you thinkin goin 100mph down this road, we all thought you were some kinda aston martin or somethin." the service manager and i just look at each other and laugh.

SOOOOO..................... i need $27K to buy this car, im in love.

·
Registered
690 Posts
When I took one out for a spin for the first time I already know the technical specs so I had a good idea of what it was capable of. About 5 minutes into the trip, the salesman was sitting kind of sideways in the seat explaining something or other (I wasn't really paying attention) when I decided to drop it into second from about 40mph. The echoy "thud" is head made when it bounced of the headrest and the subtle "Ow" that followed damn near made me piss myself.

·
Registered
18 Posts
ok it's my turn
I have "needed" a gti for some years now.. i went to test drive one a week ago today, it started out like any other test drive then the salesman ask if i really would like to see what the car would do(yes) he took me (and my wife) down this 10 mile curvey(if thats a word) road. i think i scared the crap out of him.. he turned to my wife and ask if i always drive like that (and of course) she said yes and smiled..so to make this thing end in about 7 to 9 months i will have my gti( i need to paydown the tradein) ;D

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Ugh.... I'd hate to have to wait that long. Mine's only a week or two away and I can't stand it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I drive by the VW Dealership everyday on my way to work, so I was awaiting the arrival of the new GTI for quite some time. The day I drove by and saw that the dealership had a few, I called off work and had to check it out. Well, the dealership is across the street from this small airport with this golf course to the immediate north of it. So we took the test drive on this little two lane road that circles the airport and the golf course. There are long str8 aways where I was able to take the GTI to 100MPH without having to worry about any cops. I could sense some worry in the dealer cause I was driving like a maniac, but I assured the dealer I would be back in a few days to pick up a GTI of my own. I did and me and my fast have lived happily ever after......................................................................................................................

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
On Feb 11th when i saw the dealer truck pull into the dealership with a load of 06 Gti's finally the next day i test drove one a got it that day. The worst part was i was signing papers and waiting in the dealership for 3 hours. Im like give me the keys to my car and call me when everything is set to go.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have 06 passat 2.0T, andim only 17 1 ticket already 27mph in my 05 golf and the judge let me walk at 16. My gradfather works for VW/GEDAS in Rochester Michigan and I get employee pricing. I went to testdrive the GTI 3 days ago my passats in the shop a bitch hit my side! Anyways I had it upto 110 in a 35 and flew by a cop, The GM was with me his name is Stew williams from fairfield ohio vw and he was shiting bricks laughing. I was scared shitless I e-braked into the walmart parkinglot andsnuk behind itbefore the cop even saw me I think, I get my GTI october 8 for employee price 18,200 White 18 alloys stockall

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
consiglio.anthony said:
I have 06 passat 2.0T, andim only 17 1 ticket already 27mph in my 05 golf and the judge let me walk at 16. My gradfather works for VW/GEDAS in Rochester Michigan and I get employee pricing. I went to testdrive the GTI 3 days ago my passats in the shop a bitch hit my side! Anyways I had it upto 110 in a 35 and flew by a cop, The GM was with me his name is Stew williams from fairfield ohio vw and he was shiting bricks laughing. I was scared shitless I e-braked into the walmart parkinglot andsnuk behind itbefore the cop even saw me I think, I get my GTI october 8 for employee price 18,200 White 18 alloys stockall
haha, sounds like we had a VERY similar situation.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Well I'm only 16 also, so my dad was in the car with me on the test drive, so I drove very slow and cautious, because I didn't want him to know what the car could really do, cause then he probaly wouldnt support my decision to get that car.

Anyways, it worked, and about 5 days later, *poof* it's sitting in front of my house.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My parents know I speed, but their my tickets andmy cars and my insurance. So what are they going to do. I justbaught blueneons for my 06 passat they are going to look sweet!

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
alright first of all... i have had my GTI MKV since about febuary 25th. first night i had the car i snuck out and got caught and got it taken away for 1 month. it killed me to see it sitting there all alone in the driveway getting soaked by the nast sprinkler water :(. 3 days before a month without having it was up my parents gave me the car back to drive to school. The day before i should of had the car back someone completely smashed the shit out of the front right fender of my car and front bumper (march 24ish). now its july 9th and my car is still smashed but gets fixed next week. Before the car was hit i took it 120 down by back road with a 25mph limit and it road smooth. now if i go over 75 it srats shaking :(. i donno if its cause of the aero dynamics got messed up or because the allignment is off but i bring the car in next week to get it fixed and if it still shakes when its all fixed i think i will cry and be depressed for the rest of my life :(. haha

PS. my little fast figure is staring at me now with his evil little smile just thinking about how much fun we are going to have together once the car is fixed :)
...especially with a new ECU chip upgrade in the near future :D

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Someone accidentally crashed into you or someone maliciously took a bat or golf club to the front of your car? If it was the latter, then I hope you get your revenge.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
hah i really dont even know. i was in school when it happened. ill try to post up a pic soon. to me it looks like someone had a trailer on the back of a truck and backed it up into my car or something. the front fender is pretty screwed and front bumber needs to be replaced too but its not as bad as the fender.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
the guy who i went with to test drive the mkv he hit a 100mph in seconds. When i drove the car wow there was lots of power in the low rpms. Good for taking off.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.