Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone found a place where you are able to order the euro damper coilovers from tein? I was thrilled to see them in magazines and have been frantic to find a set. I have been wanting a set of teins for years. Especially since the EDFC allows for in cabin suspension settings.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I have checked www.tein.com many time now and have not found out anything. Also being that I dont speak japanese i didnt go to the jap site. Also, why should where a part is made have anything to do with how it performs. Tein is one of the best suspension companies I have ever found, so why should the fact that it is primarily used on imports have anything to do with euro cars. Shouldnt we be open to quality parts wherever they come from? Especially if it comes form one of the most respected suspensions companies in the world.

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
prototype_x9 said:
Well, I have checked www.tein.com many time now and have not found out anything. Also being that I dont speak Japanese i didnt go to the jap site. Also, why should where a part is made have anything to do with how it performs. Tein is one of the best suspension companies I have ever found, so why should the fact that it is primarily used on imports have anything to do with euro cars. Shouldnt we be open to quality parts wherever they come from? Especially if it comes form one of the most respected suspensions companies in the world.
Don't get me wrong- I wasn't bashing Tien. AFAIK they have no applications for a MkV GTI.

If I wanted to be a beta tester for better suspension, I'd talk to these folks in Holland (not Germany):
http://www.ohlins.com/Automotive/tabid/55/Default.aspx

I think they would be better than Penske systems any day.

No, I don't care where it's made, but I do care HOW it's made and a products performance within the right application. ;)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Don't get me wrong- I wasn't bashing Tien. AFAIK they have no applications for a MkV GTI.

If I wanted to be a beta tester for better suspension, I'd talk to these folks in Holland (not Germany):

No, I don't care where it's made, but I do care HOW it's made and a products performance within the right application. ;)
Okay guys I am new to this site and new to VW's. I did live in Japan for almost 10 years and do speak some Japanese and what I cant read my wife can. I respect Tein product to be one of the best suspition products on the market. They do have two applications for the MKV the S-Tec springs that i bought and the coilovers called euro dampers and yes the dampers are EDFC compatible. The reason why you cant find them is because Tein only sells to distributers that will do the install also. This is so Tein feels safe that your product is not going to harm you and that you get the most enjoyment out of it. Also they have to be installed by a authorized dealer for the warrenty you can find a dealer at www.tein.com. Lastly if you find these products on ebay or an internet site chances are they are counterfit and the Tein website will show you how to tell this also. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Okay guys I have completed the install of my Stec springs and H&R front and rear sway bars. I want to post pictures of this but i dont know how to do it. any help out there?

·
Registered
2 Posts

Vividracing.com carries them.

The best price I've found for the Euro coilover is from Momentumgt.com at $2,100.00

Really, you can find a stupifying amount of stuff using google. Just gotta know how to look.

I've done my reading around this and just about every other subject concerning upgrades to the Mk. V platform, and I settled on the Tein Euro coilover as opposed to the JIC Cross, K-Sport, TMTuning's RSD, and the Fortune-Auto coilover, and also over the mainstream stuff (Koni, H&R, etc.)

Mainly because the Tein's are inverted, they should respond faster and wallow less...sorta similar to inverted forks on a motorcycle having better feel and response vs. the traditional forks. Go with 'em. Everyone I've met that's actually used Tein's products swears by them. I'd have no second-guesses about using these coilovers. They're on my list anyway.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts