My Fast GTi banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been reading alot about TBE and have found that they are very helpfullf or the 1.8t because the stock exhausts are terrible! i have found alot about the mkv but not mkiv does ne one have a tbe w/o cat that could point me in the right dirrection?
miltek
GHL
apr
atp
ne one

·
Registered
197 Posts
new exchaust on the 1.8 T makea huge diff, something to do with the new sofware that was recently added. anything with 2.5 or above turbos work with fumes. 30,000 fine btw if you dont have a cat.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats what i've heard beause people dont understand when they upgrade their car they say there not getting the reults they expected and yet their still runnin stock exhaust and instake. i think ima i go with the miltek 2.75 in so between a cai the miltek and a manual boost pressure adjuster i should have like 200 actual horsepower and like 170 to 180 to the wheels maybe?

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
depends on your engine code... I struck luck when I bought my GTi and ended up with the AWP motor which has 180bhp which equates to about 165-170 to the wheels. Add an intake and an exhaust and you're lookin into the 200whp range... The previous motors only made 150bhp if i'm not mistaken so with an intake and exhaust you're lookin at about 170-180whp...

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
on your block, passenger side there lettering should be there. I'll post up a pic of where mine is located tomorrow if you haven't found it by then.

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
I think I'm going to buy the 42 draft designs TBE. Buy the cat and test pipe pieces and swap them come race season next year. Exhaust only costs 775$.

·
Registered
181 Posts
hey i just put a 3" downpipe to a 2.5" catback and i removed my cat with a test pipe but i did have my check engine light come on but apr put the test pipe program in and it took it right off. btw i have the 180 stock but im far from stock now

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
my car looks stock except for the front mount big enough to cool down a T70...

·
Registered
978 Posts
Which is a better TBE for my 2003 GTI, GHL or APR?

·
Registered
978 Posts
yea thts wat i did

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.