Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, I am dying to get a TBE recently. Can't make my final decision between 42dd and eurojet. Any suggestions? Which is more reliable and have better sound? Thanks!

·
Registered
20 Posts
You can look on YouTube for videos of both. I've actually been debating this myself, at least the catback. Love the way the GHL catback sounds. It's all personal preference though. But check out YouTube.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Eurojet is T304 stainless steel; 42dd is not and sells a protective coating for over $100 as an option. If you live in the snow belt or northern east coast this is something to consider.

·
Premium Member
3,120 Posts
I got the 42DD TBE without ceramic coating and it looks brand new even with going through the winter and the road salt that was put down. Just make sure to keep the bottom of your car clean as much as you can to make sure that the salt does not stick around for that long as it will eat through, but this even occurs with stainless but just takes more time. O0

·
Registered
13 Posts
just get a downpipe and have a local shop build back!... saves money and can sound great and a little different maybe... of course the local shop here is known for its work but still... i got mkv exhaust for $250 with magnaflow (same as 42dd i believe) after the $400 dollar 42dd downpipe...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How's ur sound of 42DD? Is it really low on every rpm? Does it have drone when 2000-3000 rpm? TKS
I got the 42DD TBE without ceramic coating and it looks brand new even with going through the winter and the road salt that was put down. Just make sure to keep the bottom of your car clean as much as you can to make sure that the salt does not stick around for that long as it will eat through, but this even occurs with stainless but just takes more time. O0

·
Premium Member
3,120 Posts
How's ur sound of 42DD? Is it really low on every rpm? Does it have drone when 2000-3000 rpm? TKS
Mine is on a MKV but here are a few videos:

The drone inside is not bad at all. Especially when you have the radio on and cruising. O0

·
Registered
4,620 Posts
42DD 3" TBE, catless, nonresonated. It has drone from 2-3k, but none while cruising on the highway.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts