Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats up guys, I gotta quick question. I've been debating lowering my '04 GTI, & I also wanna put some aftermarket wheels on it. My previous car was a 99 Honda civic w/ 17" wheels, (not lowered). My question is, without having to do any crazy modifications, what would be the ideal size wheel, & lowering combination?? I've been looking at H&R springs & am pretty well set on the OE sport springs which drop the car about 1/2 to an inch all the way around, but there again, I'm a noob when it comes to lowering the car, so any suggestions would be appreciated. I really like the way the 18's & 19's look on the GTI's, but I don't want to lose any performance from the weight of the wheel.... Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
VDubn04 said:
whats up guys, I gotta quick question. I've been debating lowering my '04 GTI, & I also wanna put some aftermarket wheels on it. My previous car was a 99 Honda civic w/ 17" wheels, (not lowered). My question is, without having to do any crazy modifications, what would be the ideal size wheel, & lowering combination?? I've been looking at H&R springs & am pretty well set on the OE sport springs which drop the car about 1/2 to an inch all the way around, but there again, I'm a noob when it comes to lowering the car, so any suggestions would be appreciated. I really like the way the 18's & 19's look on the GTI's, but I don't want to lose any performance from the weight of the wheel.... Thanks!
Look at the difference in tire prices in the 18 vs 19: I'll stick with 18's.

If you wanna drop it- look into either a Koni kit or a Bilstein kit specific for your car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts