Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've experienced this since Day 1 with the car and was wondering if it is just me, or is just the way the car drives.

You feel it most when driving in S, but in D it can be felt too. I think it is mainly felt on deceleration.

In S mode there is much more engine braking which is maybe where it comes from, but you feel the car surge or bounce I am guessing on downshift is when I feel it. It just doesn't feel like smooth power delivery.

I'll have to go out with the intent of taking notice the exact pattern that has me feel it, but it is often.

I don't think it is an actual problem, but it does take some getting used to and could be a safety issue. I've actually felt like it has caused me to press/depress the gas at times. Which is no good as that is less control.

I wish I had an accelerometer I could take in the car to test...

·
Registered
121 Posts
I get the same thing when the car is downshifting. I don't think it's too big of a deal...but I may be wrong.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kool said:
I get the same thing when the car is downshifting. I don't think it's too big of a deal...but I may be wrong.
Yeah, it's not a big deal when you are used to it.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just had a brainstorm so I could see how much and when the car does the 'bounce'... a Wiimote! I'm searching to see if I can find some software but I'm sure there is some out there to grab the basic accelerometer data from the wiimote. Would be a good way to see how much it bounces front to back.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
the higher RPM you are running the faster the engine will want to slow down. so when you downshift the higher the RPM you hit the faster the engine will slow the car down.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.