Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daily drive into work consists of 35 miles of duck and weave, avoid the semis and the people who should not have licenses to a series of stoplights where it's avoid the taxis and Uber idiots and the people who think because they are on foot they have the right to walk out in front of 3 lanes each way of high price shopping district finally ending in high rise residential area where you dive into the first available spot even if it is 4 blocks away from the building I am working in. At the end of the day....all the idiots are out and I don't get out of 3rd gear til I am 15 miles into my reverse commute. I have 110,000 on my stock brakes and a rear pad detonated and is grinding the plate to the rotor.
I AM NOT COMPLAINING!!!! I had never been overly impressed with the braking on my Mk6 and am looking to upgrade as parts wear out.
But I am thinking of Centric Cryo treated plain rotors and Stoptech Street Performance Pads. What have you experienced?

·
Registered
577 Posts
So, I think there are a few things you could do, depending on what your complaints are?

If it's a mushy peddle after cramming the brake peddle a ton during you commute, maybe some SS brake lines. (I recommend ECS SS lines. They are the closest thing to stock fitment on the market.)

Stopping power, you'd want to go with some nicer pads. That'll give you biggest bang for your buck. I'm sure the stop tech would be great.

For rotors, I'm going to go with adam's rotors when it's time to do a brake job. I believe some other forum members run them, and I like all the different patterns you can chose with them: Adam's Rotors

EDIT:
After upgrading you brakes, you might start to run into your tires being more of an issue than the brakes. I know even with the stock set up and all seasons you can run into some issues.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts