Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Suggestion Box

6K views 54 replies 13 participants last post by  TwinTurboBoost 
#1 ·
Any suggestions, modifications, or improvements for the board itself go here.

For example, I'd like the text color for links to contrast better with that of regular text as I have a hard time differentiating the two sometimes.

#33 ·
As the list of new members seems to be growing daily, I've noticed a lot of the new guys posting threads covering material already discussed. Would it be possible / difficult to create a search feature for key words (e.g. "side marker," or "price")? This would cut down on at least some of the Recent Unreads.

#37 ·
10bv01 said:
dean, my friend, there is a search feature. the bar at the top of the page, "HOME, FORUM, HELP, SEARCH, PROFILE, CALENDAR, LOG OUT"
Jesus, then there really isn't any excuse. At first I thought it was laziness. Now I guess it has to be stupidity.

How about a stickied bolded thread called READ THIS - RULES detailing do's and don'ts, like flaming, posting in the wrong forum, de-railing, circle-jerks (that's what PM is for), etc.?

#38 ·
If you can get to it; I'm not as interested in who smites me as I am in what comment I was smote (smited?) for. I was wondering if that could be added anywhere like when I read my posts from my profile. Just a little ticker with each post that tells me I got -5 karma for that dumb comment (applauds too).

Not that I don't think I deserve smiting every once in a while, but I at least like to know what I said that got the forum all in a rumble.

Ultimate would be to require a PM-type comment with each smiting. Could be anonymous, but encourage the smiter to comment on why.

#39 ·
BlueFrogPosse said:
If you can get to it; I'm not as interested in who smites me as I am in what comment I was smote (smited?) for. I was wondering if that could be added anywhere like when I read my posts from my profile. Just a little ticker with each post that tells me I got -5 karma for that dumb comment (applauds too).

Not that I don't think I deserve smiting every once in a while, but I at least like to know what I said that got the forum all in a rumble.

Ultimate would be to require a PM-type comment with each smiting. Could be anonymous, but encourage the smiter to comment on why.
Don't get me started, I completely agree. I think there's actually just one culprit who is a bit disgruntled and goes around giving out negative karma to get back at people/ piss people off. Many of the people that have negative karma do not deserve it at all. It's getting out of hand quickly, and it really shouldn't.

FF, maybe we should just disable this feature altogether, that way nobody gets upset about negative karma.

#41 ·
Okay, here's what I did to try to fix this. Instead of a + - , there is now a karma total. So as long as you keep the sunny side up, you should be okay. I also made it where you must have at least 50 posts to give karma. I suspect it may be some members of another forum doing this. I also made it where you can only give karma to someone again after 24 hrs. This prevents them from hitting you several times per day.

If you feel you have an excessive amount of neg karma that you don't deserve, PM me and I'll look at your posts and see what we can do. But be forewarned, If you crapped on someone, I probably won't change it.

#51 ·
uncle dude said:
Gunny said:
Thanks. I never thought I'd be so happy to be a zero. >:D
I see FF has another website up - Tiguan Club Forum. FF, here is a suggestion - make our user names and passwords portable to your other websites. This would make it easy for MKV fans to chime in on the other forums without the hassle of the membership thing etc.
LOL, I've been working on that for the last few days. It doesn't look like I'm going to be able to make it happen. But I'm still trying.
ff

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.