Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
346 Posts
Maybe there is a way to do this already, but when I log in, I immediately hit "Show Unread Posts Since Last Visit." Let's assume posts A-Z show up. Judging by the titles, only A-P interest me, because I could care less if someone posts, "Hay guys, should I paint my fast pink?" Is there a convenient way to put little check boxes next to the posts so that when I hit the button "Mark Posts as Read," only those with check marks would go away? If I've got limited time but want to keep good threads on that list, I'm kind of stuck keeping the ones I'm not interested in, too.

Let me know if I'm just missing a basic feature you've already got running.

· Registered
346 Posts
I appreciate the time, FF. Wouldn't it be something like a feature found on webmail sites like Gmail or Hotmail? Does the code translate to something workable on this site?

· Registered
346 Posts
Well, I like to think everything in life has the Hot Chick Exception. "Hey, that bitch just cut me off! Oh, wait, hot chick." Nonetheless, unless the pic of the pink GTI includes her straddling the hood like Tawny Kitain in a Whitesnake video, color me not interested.

· Registered
346 Posts
As the list of new members seems to be growing daily, I've noticed a lot of the new guys posting threads covering material already discussed. Would it be possible / difficult to create a search feature for key words (e.g. "side marker," or "price")? This would cut down on at least some of the Recent Unreads.

· Registered
346 Posts
10bv01 said:
dean, my friend, there is a search feature. the bar at the top of the page, "HOME, FORUM, HELP, SEARCH, PROFILE, CALENDAR, LOG OUT"
Jesus, then there really isn't any excuse. At first I thought it was laziness. Now I guess it has to be stupidity.

How about a stickied bolded thread called READ THIS - RULES detailing do's and don'ts, like flaming, posting in the wrong forum, de-railing, circle-jerks (that's what PM is for), etc.?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.