Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
969 Posts
dean said:
Maybe there is a way to do this already, but when I log in, I immediately hit "Show Unread Posts Since Last Visit." Let's assume posts A-Z show up. Judging by the titles, only A-P interest me, because I could care less if someone posts, "Hay guys, should I paint my fast pink?" Is there a convenient way to put little check boxes next to the posts so that when I hit the button "Mark Posts as Read," only those with check marks would go away? If I've got limited time but want to keep good threads on that list, I'm kind of stuck keeping the ones I'm not interested in, too.

Let me know if I'm just missing a basic feature you've already got running.
I'll see if there is a mod out there that will allow that.

· Registered
969 Posts
10bv01 said:
would it be possible for us to see who gives us our karma points?
I know several boards that show who gives karma. Not a good idea. Usually ends in members being banned because they get mad that a certain person gave them neg karma then they start retaliating. Revenge escalates and you have a severe problem.

If anyone feels they are not being treated fairly with karma, let me know. IF I find that you are being targeted or screwed with, I'll readjust your karma and warn the perpertrators. Next Time I'll ban them.
FF

· Registered
969 Posts
I'm not a big fan of karma either, but we're talking about something that people have or will spend over 20k on. It gives new members and guests a way to judge who's information is reliable. of course if you have 8 negs and 1 pos and saying that the gti is a rattling piece of junk, most will take your statement with a grain of salt.

Karma just keeps information correct. It also keeps flaming down. members on a board tend to not flame when they know several people can give them neg karma.

I'll see if there is a way I can change the script so it will show who is giving positive karma.
FF

· Registered
969 Posts
There's no mods for smf to do what you're wanting, but I'll play around with some code when I get time and see if I can get it to work. I've got a test site that I tinker with so I can try new things without screwing up the boards. So we'll see.

· Registered
969 Posts
Let me see what I can do. The reason for the karma was so people would know when and when not to follow someone's advice. But like you said, It is getting out of hand. I get at least 5 PMs per week asking who smited them. Hell, I don't even know who smited me.
FF

· Registered
969 Posts
Okay, here's what I did to try to fix this. Instead of a + - , there is now a karma total. So as long as you keep the sunny side up, you should be okay. I also made it where you must have at least 50 posts to give karma. I suspect it may be some members of another forum doing this. I also made it where you can only give karma to someone again after 24 hrs. This prevents them from hitting you several times per day.

If you feel you have an excessive amount of neg karma that you don't deserve, PM me and I'll look at your posts and see what we can do. But be forewarned, If you crapped on someone, I probably won't change it.

· Registered
969 Posts
uncle dude said:
Gunny said:
Thanks. I never thought I'd be so happy to be a zero. >:D
I see FF has another website up - Tiguan Club Forum. FF, here is a suggestion - make our user names and passwords portable to your other websites. This would make it easy for MKV fans to chime in on the other forums without the hassle of the membership thing etc.
LOL, I've been working on that for the last few days. It doesn't look like I'm going to be able to make it happen. But I'm still trying.
ff

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.