Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any suggestions, modifications, or improvements for the board itself go here.

For example, I'd like the text color for links to contrast better with that of regular text as I have a hard time differentiating the two sometimes.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is just personal preference, but I'd prefer that after you make a post, it sends you back into the thread you just posted in and not the sub-forum that thread is in.

·
Registered
952 Posts
I'm working on enabling you to make a lot of adjustments to how you want the forums to perform from your profile. Taking longer than expected.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I don't know what your thoughts are, but I think it would be great to have a "My Fast GTI.com" car sticker for members, to promote the site even further!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Maybe there is a way to do this already, but when I log in, I immediately hit "Show Unread Posts Since Last Visit." Let's assume posts A-Z show up. Judging by the titles, only A-P interest me, because I could care less if someone posts, "Hay guys, should I paint my fast pink?" Is there a convenient way to put little check boxes next to the posts so that when I hit the button "Mark Posts as Read," only those with check marks would go away? If I've got limited time but want to keep good threads on that list, I'm kind of stuck keeping the ones I'm not interested in, too.

Let me know if I'm just missing a basic feature you've already got running.

·
Registered
952 Posts
dean said:
Maybe there is a way to do this already, but when I log in, I immediately hit "Show Unread Posts Since Last Visit." Let's assume posts A-Z show up. Judging by the titles, only A-P interest me, because I could care less if someone posts, "Hay guys, should I paint my fast pink?" Is there a convenient way to put little check boxes next to the posts so that when I hit the button "Mark Posts as Read," only those with check marks would go away? If I've got limited time but want to keep good threads on that list, I'm kind of stuck keeping the ones I'm not interested in, too.

Let me know if I'm just missing a basic feature you've already got running.
I'll see if there is a mod out there that will allow that.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I appreciate the time, FF. Wouldn't it be something like a feature found on webmail sites like Gmail or Hotmail? Does the code translate to something workable on this site?

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'd like to state for the record that if anyone created thread that seriously entertained the idea of painting their GTI pink, not only would that thread be locked and deleted, but that user's account would be deleted, thier IP banned, hell, thier entire IP subnet would be blacklisted. I don't remember if there's a line in the EULA about such blasohemous comments, but there should be.

Unless, of course, the user happened to be a hot chick.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Well, I like to think everything in life has the Hot Chick Exception. "Hey, that bitch just cut me off! Oh, wait, hot chick." Nonetheless, unless the pic of the pink GTI includes her straddling the hood like Tawny Kitain in a Whitesnake video, color me not interested.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Obvoiusly there would have to be some kind of proof of her hot chick-ness. Preferrably in photographic form.

Also, a hot chick driver doesn't make cutting you off any better. But if wants to Beadazzle her frigging seats, what do I care? There are some things being a hot chick can get you out of, and there are some things it can't.

·
Registered
346 Posts
EXACTLY. "What do I care." So unless her thread title includes "[hot pics inside]," I want the option to check the box and get that crap off my screen.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Right, but what I'm saying is that a chick posting that she wants to paint her car pink is not ban-worthy. Where as for a dude it would be.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Maybe we should have an offshoot New Beetle forum to get the girls on-board for some inter-forum interaction...

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Brilliant!

My girlfriend drives a New Beetle.

Now that that's settled, let's get this thread back on track, shall we?

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.