My Fast GTi banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried connecting subwoofers to their sound system. I wonder if it would work with the stock deck. I have the 6 cd changer. Do I have to get like a pioneer deck? and would the volumes control on the staring wheel work on the pioneer deck? man.. :( this is really complicated. I know the stock deck doesn't have a good equalizer to make the sub sound good. Is there a way to chip the deck so that it can be connected to a sub and have a better equalizer? thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
You could theoretically splice into the wiring to run a sub, but the power wouldn't be there. You most likely will have to go aftermarket for a new head unit. In regards to steering wheel controls you will have to buy an adapter that maps the controls to your new head unit. Check on crutchfield.com they have ones for just about every deck. I tried the switch myself a few days ago. I am pretty well versed on installs, but after 4 hours of getting no where I am taking her today to a pro to get it done. Hope this helps. Oh yeah, you are also gonna need a european style antenna adapter.

·
Registered
15 Posts
i have 2 12'' subs in my car with the factory deck... the subwoofers are plenty loud with alot of bass but the highs sound like ass.... >:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts