My Fast GTi banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i think it would be creative if i Took the center of the back seats out and customized a carbon fiber sub box...i think it would look sickkk .. what u guys think?????........... though it will be a lil $$$$

·
Registered
352 Posts
That sounds cool. I'm going to remove the backseat entirely to save weight anyway. So a lightweight set of subs may be in order for me aswell. But that would be a while down the road.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Well, since this is a sub woofer topic then I'm going to post an ad. Let me know if you guys are interested.

IÂ'm selling the new Premier TS-SW1241D 12" sub woofer made by Pioneer. These new sub woofers created by Pioneer uses Air Suspension, which locks air inside the sub woofer to make a spring-like effect between the main and drive cones inside. It produces a better bass sound. The TS-SW1241D is a 1400W sub woofer and is smaller, powerful, and lighter than the regular sub woofers in cars today. I only have a 12Â" subwoofer and IÂ'm selling it for $160. The retail prices for these new sub woofers are $200.

IÂ'm only asking $160.

TheyÂ're new in the box.

Only the sub woofer; no cables, amps, etc.

If you have any questions regarding the sub woofers please message or call me.

Cell number: (510) 326-2316

E-Mail: [email protected]

If I donÂ't pick up, please leave me a voicemail.

Thanks for looking!

Here is a picture comparison of the new compact TS-SW1241D 12Â" with an average 12Â" subwoofer. YouÂ're saving more than 50% of space compared to an average 12Â".

An average 12Â" subwoofer.

·
Registered
749 Posts
GTI_2007RED said:
i think it would be creative if i Took the center of the back seats out and customized a carbon fiber sub box...i think it would look sickkk .. what u guys think?????........... though it will be a lil $$$$
Do you know of a decent composites supplier? I have been looking at a couple but they both seem like they're geared more toward high-volume sales. I would like to find someplace I could get supplies for small projects like that and not pay three times the bulk prices.

·
Registered
321 Posts
BlueFrogPosse said:
Do you know of a decent composites supplier? I have been looking at a couple but they both seem like they're geared more toward high-volume sales. I would like to find someplace I could get supplies for small projects like that and not pay three times the bulk prices.
Try http://aircraftspruce.com/. This is where I get all my composite materials. Prices seem to be fair and they have a lot available. A word of advice though, use fiberglass instead of carbon fiber. It is cheaper and will serve your purpose just fine. If you want the cf look then just use a colored epoxy to make it look black. The fiber orientation will be the same.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Thanks for that link; the carbon they have is about the same as I see everywhere else but the fiberglass cloth is waaaaaay cheaper than I've seen yet.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have one 10 inch JL sub with a costume box and amp rack in the trunk. The sub is located in the left little cubby hole in the trunck and the box goes farther down toward the spare tire. It takes up almost no trunk space. I also got all focal mids tweeds and lows, sounds insane in such a small car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts