Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah sweet, very good news. I'm entirely new to car audio, so I have a buddy helping me with the install tomorrow and he had some specific questions so I might be hitting you up with those later. One question though, does the head unit have a connection for the 12v lead from the amp?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So I got the sub installed, and as I expected I'm having some ECU issues from disconnecting the battery after my APR reflash. First, I get an airbag fault code. Second, I know my 93 octane program isn't giving me the performance it did before (it feels like boost is cutting out around 5 grand). I've heard of issues with timing, boost control, etc. arising after disconnecting the battery. Has anyone had to get their ECU reflashed by an APR dealer after already having the reflash (basically, will I have to drop the $700 again....)? Also, would the Throttle Body Alignment program fix this issue if I had to disconnect the battery again to move wires/ amp/ sub around? Sorry for the loaded question...I've searched the forums and I can't find a clear-cut answer for what I'm looking for.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.