Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
just go with 225/40s. you'll save the worry about hitting fender, have a decent sidewall that isnt stretched, and the difference in traction is going to be nominal. You're not breaking any 0-60 times anyways.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
just go with 225/40s. you'll save the worry about hitting fender, have a decent sidewall that isnt stretched, and the difference in traction is going to be nominal. You're not breaking any 0-60 times anyways.
true...it does look nice with wider tires, but i guess im gonna stay with stock size, now my only question is how its gonna fix with 8 or 8.5 wide wheel?

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
its not going to be a problem. 18x8.5 et45 is a very common fitment, thats why the wheels are offered in that size. I ran 18x8.5 et35 all around and never had a problem....granted, I had 215/35 tires too. The 225/40 extra height should even out with the 10mm offset difference to make a similar fitment overall.

(i hate showing photos of my car when i was on coils)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
its not going to be a problem. 18x8.5 et45 is a very common fitment, thats why the wheels are offered in that size. I ran 18x8.5 et35 all around and never had a problem....granted, I had 215/35 tires too. The 225/40 extra height should even out with the 10mm offset difference to make a similar fitment overall.

(i hate showing photos of my car when i was on coils)
hahaha, thanks! why do you hate showing it? it looks very clean!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts