My Fast GTi banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey im planning going to buy a gti 2.0t in a couble months...ok well the guy who is selling me the car also races on tracks and he said that with the new gti you can upgrade how much boost you are putting in the car(sory if im saying it wrong...not sure) to like 16 or something with the stock turbo just by buying something called a diablo. he says you plug it in and it wiill not only tell you whats wrong with your car if a warning light comes on, but you are able to put up the boost to 15 psi or something WITH THE STOCK TURBO....he siad he has seen it done and he said it wont hurt the turbo or engine or anything , and nothing needs to be replaced....i mean he sells gti;s for a living so i fig he knows what he was talking about....anyone know?//?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha that is crazy, hope it works, so is mapping safe, and do you need any modifications to do it

·
Premium Octane
1,289 Posts
You guys are actually going to plug your cars into a Gameboy. :eek: Times can't be that tough!

·
Registered
93 Posts
The stock turbo can handle 15lbs and then some. I was running 24 for a little while, but it would occasionally overboost and the ECU would kill the turbo. Just a safeguard to prevent detonation The main limitation on the GTI is the ECU. The car CAN handle much more than the stock parameters. I've been running around at 20 lbs of boost for about 8K now. Not a hitch. Look into going to a decent tuner or know what your doing with a decent flash. Those are tunable via a laptop.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i know you said that the ecu is the main restriction for not going over 20 psi, is there any way to upgrade the stock comp to go higher............also at what psi do you have to change parts like intercooler or wastegate and stuff like that...thanks

·
Registered
93 Posts
It's a safeguard that kicks in at 25 lbs I believe. If you plan on running more pressure than that, intercooler and wastegate are not going to be the issue. Once you get into that realm it's time to start doing internals. I'm sure that it's possible to remove that safeguard on the ECU, but it's there for a reason. Start small my friend

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
how much HP are you pushing with the 20lbs of boost? and what chip did you get for it. or did you change it all up yourself?

·
Registered
12 Posts
what other modifications do you need to do, how about injectors, fuel pump, intercooler,and whats the and how much more air does the turbo flow.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.