Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Octane
1,289 Posts
Better safe than sorry. Replace it. I have heard of completely stock GTI's blowing the diaphragm on their DV. I plan on replacing (upgrading) mine before I go beyond my intake as far as performance mods. It's not worth the risk and certainly not worth rolling around with a leaking valve, while you wait for your new one to show up.

·
Registered
530 Posts
From what I can tell,about 1 PSI less than stock. Yes, that's right, less than stock. Seriously, I am pretty sure that every one that has chipped their Fast without replacing the stock DV has blown their DV. They are just not made to take much pressure.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Bump. Where can you get a stronger one? This, the intercooler, and fuel pump are the weak links in making greater power, from what I have read so far.

·
Registered
530 Posts
WaZzAp1101 said:
^
l_ O0 thanks NVGTI. Now all I need is a DIY...
The instructions that come with it are pretty good, give yourself about 2 hours, that should be plenty of time. Just make sure you have a 5 mm allen wrench and a 5 mm socket. Cut off about 5/8 - 3/4" off the allen wrench and stick it in the 5 mm socket and use a ratchet, or just buy one like that. This will be a huge time saver over trying to use a "L" shaped allen wrench.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
if u have an intake, do u still kinda get that whooshin sound like i do right now w/ my stock dv

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
Yeah.. if that went away i wouldn't be completely disappointed. Sometimes I have important people in my car, and I'd rather have my car quieter. The whoosh is so loud especially with the radio off.

·
Registered
530 Posts
lumns said:
if u have an intake, do u still kinda get that whooshin sound like i do right now w/ my stock dv
I don't hear the blow off sound during shifts at all. (DSG) The intake swoooosh sound is still there of course.

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
so the "blow-off" of the DV goes away with the Forge DV... good. I know the sucking sound I get with the intake will still be there..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts