Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend has an '05 330i, sport package, navi etc 6spd man.....

he wants to race. I have stock gti, pkg 2 and 18" rims...

my chances?

·
Registered
749 Posts
You got a decent chance. Pretty close pairing on the cars. He's got a little more power, but also a little more weight. What kind of race are you considering and do you have DSG?

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i do not have dsg, regular 6spd and im not sure what race we are doin probably 1/4mile

·
Registered
137 Posts
dude just race him, you will rip him apart. he is heavy. plus if he is driving a BMW i am assuming he can't drive that well.

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
lumns said:
My friend has an '05 330i, sport package, navi etc 6spd man.....

he wants to race. I have stock gti, pkg 2 and 18" rims...

my chances?
Go find an open public dragstrip... and make it there within the five hour time trial period from a Revo dealer and you'll be fine... ;)

·
Registered
263 Posts
the 330i sport package as in the zhp performance package?

because if so, youre about to get your ass kicked

0-60 in mid 5's

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
on the drivin part, i know he can drive, hes my best friend and he used to have a turbo'd integra that fully mod'd himself, its gonna b for braggin rights. so im not too worried. If i lose, i am considered the underdog, which suits me. on the performance package, idk what it consists of, i jus know he has 18" w/ summer run flats.

this wont happen, till i go back to school next fall but hes been talkin bout it, i got the car last week

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
really? what makes u say that

·
Registered
635 Posts
its a BMW..if you do happen to beat it its still the best German car made...3285lbs for the Beamer and2934lbs for the VW and rem the Beamer has perfect weight distribution

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
kylmos said:
its a BMW..if you do happen to beat it its still the best German car made...3285lbs for the Beamer and 2934lbs for the VW and rem the Beamer has perfect weight distribution
I beg your pardon, best German car made??:

·
Registered
635 Posts
im saying the GTI manual is slow as fuck while the DSG GTI would stand a better chance against a far superior car

1 - 20 of 27 Posts