My Fast GTi banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i was driving my gti normally till I noticed that it start pulling to the right side , so i checked my tire pressure but all tires were fine , i waited to hit the 10000 miles so i took it to the dealer (south motors vw fl) for service and to solve the problem, they had me waiting there and then they told me it needed an alignment so i said ok, they took like 5 hours to do the service and doing the alingment. Then i had a conversation with the tech and told me the car was still pulling but less than before and he didnt knew why. So he was going to call the factory for a solution they never offered me a loaner or nothing , so i took my car cause i have to work. On my way home i realized that the pulling was exactly the same, i can be at 40 miles leave the steering wheel and the car will change lines to the right . So i called back and they told me that its a minor problem!!! and they havent received an answer yet , so i told them that is anything happens to me i will blame them cause the direction problem , then he said ok bring the car to make some tests and i said ok man you can have the car but i need to work so i will need a loaner , he told me "humm let me ask my service manager and I will call you back" cause they are not allowed to give loaners unless its a big failure , WTF!!! so they wanted me to be without car untill they find the failure. He didnt call back so i did it the next day and finnally got the loaner wich was a kia spectra lol. They charged me for the alignment even when the failure wasnt fixed. I am vey dissappointed with this guys.

If i would know that the service was so terrible i would bought a japanese car they with you loaners even for oil changes!!!

·
Registered
857 Posts
UnitedGrayGTi06 said:
Work on your damn grammer! I can't understand what the hell your talking about.
Hypocrisy bothers the hell out of me.

I hope grammer was a pun, if not you're an idiot.

But in case you didn't know, it's you're not your.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Spelling aside (intentional or not), at least I know what United is talking about.

MeFast...I suggest you go back and talk to the service manager. Explain to him calmly that steering IS a major part of the car and that they need to take care of it (and of you.) Be patient and understand that even the manager has policies he needs to follow, but also let him know that you're very disappointed with the service so far. I've found it also helps to talk with the sales department to get things done in service. My wife has had a few problems with her Passat; the service department didn't want to help her so she talked to the sales manager and her salesman. Since then she's gotten nothing but courtesy and priority from the service department (not to mention loaners each time she takes her car in, no matter how long they expect to have it.)

·
Registered
573 Posts
MeFastYouSlow said:
Well i was driving my gti normally till one day suddenly i was in the highway and I noticed that it start pulling to the right side , so i checked my tire pressure but all tires were fine , i waited to hit the 10000 miles so i took it to the dealer (south motors vw fl) for service and to solve the problem they had me waiting there and then they told me i needed an alignment so i said ok, they took like 5 hours to do the service and diagnose the alignment and doing the alingment. Then i talked with the tech and told me the car was still pulling but less and he has to call the factory for a solution they never offered me a loaner or nothing , so i took my car cause i have to work. On my way home i realized that the pulling was exactly the same i can be at 40 miles leave the steering wheel and the car will change lines to the right . So i called back this [email protected]#$% and they told me that its a minor problem!!! and they havent received an answer yet , so i told them that is anything happens to me i will blame them cause the direction problem , then he said ok bring the car to make some tests and i said ok man you can have the car but i need to work so i will need a loaner , he told me humm let me ask my service manager and he will call me back cause they are not allowed to give loaners unless its a big failure , WTF!!! so they wanted me to be without car untill they find the failure. He didnt call back so i did it the next day and finnally got the loaner wich was a kia spectra lol. they charged me for the alignment too!! i am vey dissappointed with this guys.

If i would know that the service was so terrible i would bought a japanese car they with you loaners even for oil changes!!!
1) WTF are you talking about?

2) A loaner for an oil change? Just how freakin long do they take to change your Jap oil. Did they call in the oil from Japan each time?

·
Registered
573 Posts
I didn't question whether they provided a loaner. The question was how long does the oil change take.

But as fort he loaner car, if I sold Toyota's for $20,000 over sticker by calling them Lexus, I could afford to give out loaners too.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Gunny,

I misread you. Actually it took Lexus about half an hour to change the oil which is better than the two hours that I wait for my VW dealer.

Yes, Lexus is made by Toyota. No. It is not a Toyota. Unless you have owned both of them, you will not understand. When was the last time you saw a Toyota with a blueprinted and balanced engine?

I have been to several Lexus Service facilities. Same treatment at all. If you have an appointment (for anything) they have a car that is identical to yours, ready for you. When I say ready, I mean it is in driveway and the engine is running. On the other hand... as much as I like my GTI, it seems as though all VW Dealer service shops have one thing in common. They suck!

·
Registered
232 Posts
My Dodge dealer gives me loaners whether they are changing the oil in my trucks or just replacing a light bulb. We've purchased a Jeep, a Van and a Truck from them and I will go back to them in a second even if I pay a little more for the vehicle upfront. They take care of their customers and THAT makes a difference to me. This is NOT something I've found to be so true with VW unfortunately. :(

·
Registered
857 Posts
UnitedGrayGTi06 said:
10bv01 said:
UnitedGrayGTi06 said:

"You're" means "you are". Stupid.
Did you pass the 3rd grade!?!?!

Here is what you said, "I can't understand what the hell your talking about." Instead of your, you should have written you're; in other words, I can't understand what the hell you are talking about. Great work making a fool of yourself!

Let's end it at that, thanks.

·
Registered
137 Posts
this is why ebonics is genius.

instead of "you're dumb" it's: "you dumb"

and instead of your momma it's: "yo momma"

no r's necessary. no apostrophe confusion.

genius.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Regardless of the make, I have always found that service is hit or miss depending on the dealer. I have always been a an American car man myself, even though I do have 4 German cars now (3 Dodge and a VW). I got the Dodges while still at DCX. Before that, I was at Ford, and drove... you guessed it, Fords. I have had everything from Cobra R's to Vipers, and have to say, I actually enjoy driving the GTI more (all BS aside).

As for the Lexus, not being a Toyota, that is what they have brain washed everyone to believe. Same rolling chassis, same line, same car. It would be like saying a GTI is not a Golf... If you like em, more power to ya. Not busting the car, just saying it really is just a upper end Toyota. I was planning to buy my wife one, but she would not give up her Durango. I spend a lot of time behind the wheel of cars bench marking, and have driven them all.

·
Registered
352 Posts
10bv01 said:
UnitedGrayGTi06 said:
10bv01 said:
UnitedGrayGTi06 said:

"You're" means "you are". Stupid.
Did you pass the 3rd grade!?!?!

Here is what you said, "I can't understand what the hell your talking about." Instead of your, you should have written you're; in other words, I can't understand what the hell you are talking about. Great work making a fool of yourself!

Let's end it at that, thanks.
I used the word "your" twice in the sentence. I looked at the first time I used it. And yes I did pass the third grade. And I can guarantee I did better than you.

·
Registered
857 Posts
The immaturity is overwhelming, it's done, you've proven yourself an idiot, I don't want to hear any more about it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
UnitedGrayGTi06 said:
Work on your damn grammer! I can't understand what the hell your talking about. You write like a 3 year old.
Well sorry for the grammar, maybe i was writing with anger and didnt noticed it but there are ways to say so like a pm. Anyways your post didnt help at all.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Gunny said:
As for the Lexus, not being a Toyota, that is what they have brain washed everyone to believe. Same rolling chassis, same line, same car. It would be like saying a GTI is not a Golf... If you like em, more power to ya. Not busting the car, just saying it really is just a upper end Toyota. I was planning to buy my wife one, but she would not give up her Durango. I spend a lot of time behind the wheel of cars bench marking, and have driven them all.
Whatever, Gunny. You have made up your mind that you know everything there is to know on the subject, so be it. A Lincoln is a Ford. A Cadilac is a Chevy. The Lexus is a Toyota and an Acura is a Honda. I guess I'll go pop a top on a Busch. No reason to keep buying Michelob.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.