Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I know I've seen multiple threads on this topic, but I didn't see a lot of feedback about Revo. I know a guy who owns a performace shop and is an authorized Revo tuner, so pricewise I can get a deal on a Revo tune. I just want to get some feedback about Revo vs the competition.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well I had the same issue you did a while back. I knew a REVO authorized shop and just went with it. I love it and I havent looked back. All he said to do was always put premium (duh) and use chevron gas I guess. I would just go with him. I love my stage 1 reflash

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I had the same issue you did a while back. I knew a REVO authorized shop and just went with it. I love it and I havent looked back. All he said to do was always put premium (duh) and use chevron gas I guess. I would just go with him. I love my stage 1 reflash
Nice. Thanks. I think I'm going to get the Revo trial software flashed Friday, just to make sure I think it's worth the money, but especially with him cutting me a deal, I'll prlly go ahead and get the full version.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I have had a revo tune for about 8 months, including stage 2 for 2 months. I have had no problems whatsoever and am pleased with the tune. If you aren't sure what tune to get APR also offers a trial so you can compare the both tunes.

some people say revo runs a lean file, I don't know if its true or not, but I haven't seen any evidence of a lean tune.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have had a revo tune for about 8 months, including stage 2 for 2 months. I have had no problems whatsoever and am pleased with the tune. If you aren't sure what tune to get APR also offers a trial so you can compare the both tunes.

some people say revo runs a lean file, I don't know if its true or not, but I haven't seen any evidence of a lean tune.
Did you have to pay for stage 2? Because I know APR offers a deal where if you upgrade to stage 1 you can upgrade then to 2 once you have the dp for free. I'm hoping because I'm buying my dp this week lol.

·
Registered
312 Posts
It really all depends on the shop. some places will charge a shop fee... its BS but it happens....

·
Registered
3 Posts
okay i just bought my gti on the 18th of june....i want to get apr tuned....but i also bought a 6 year warranty....am i okay to go with it...or should i be somewhat worried about getting my warranty revoked...i also want to go with a intake....witch should i choose from..... thank you guys...im freaking car dumb lol

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
go on websiteand print the promotion..its short time frame though.maybe a week,i wanna go tommorw...25$ paypal finders fee???im broke :)

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
ya i would have had to wait till mid august at a show for this if someone in a local forum didnt post it.
well i called the dealer and i have to wait till Wednesday, he needs a new cable..really gay +27$$$ tax.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ya i would have had to wait till mid august at a show for this if someone in a local forum didnt post it.
well i called the dealer and i have to wait till Wednesday, he needs a new cable..really gay +27$$$ tax.
Yea I've been trying to make an appointment with a Revo distributor by me for like the last 3 days and I feel like I'm getting blown off... I don't get it $400 to plug a cable into my car for <1hr and you don't want my business???

·
Registered
396 Posts
i m about to get revo tune for 300..I want stage 2 but A buddy said not to, unless i upgrade intercooler
that's not true you can run stage 2 without an upgraded FMIC

·
Registered
396 Posts
ya thas what he thinks.They require 4 bar though..Im kinda paranoid, about the turbo going
4 bar? thts like 50 psi? idk what ur referring to.... and your turbo will be more then fine with stage 2, ive been apr stage 2 for the past yr+ and now im Uni stage 2 which runs 20 psi no issues to date with anything. with the smaller fmic you'll get heat soak quicker your not going to hurt ur turbo. If you want to get a bigger FMIC get an S3 one for about 300$

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
4 bar? thts like 50 psi? idk what ur referring to.... and your turbo will be more then fine with stage 2, ive been apr stage 2 for the past yr+ and now im Uni stage 2 which runs 20 psi no issues to date with anything. with the smaller fmic you'll get heat soak quicker your not going to hurt ur turbo. If you want to get a bigger FMIC get an S3 one for about 300$
meant 4 bar FPR..btw I HAZ MK4 (115K miles) and a budy with lower mileage 20th blew his a lil while ago so that kinda makes me nervous

·
Registered
396 Posts
ohh im not as fluent in the MK4 stuff in know the 2.0t very well but the 1.8t not as much esp with the 150 hp/180hp and all the injector changes for certain tuning, but i thought with revo they will only run a certain amount of boost if you have stock SMIC. your buddy prob blew his turbo bc he had his boost turned up too high even for stage 2.

even REVOs site doesn't say its required or even a good optional add on:
Required Hardware

• A 4 bar fuel pressure regulator
  • A quality aftermarket performance exhaust system with high flow cat.
  • A good air intake induction system or filter recommended for best results.
Optional Hardware

• A de-cat exhaust system for race or track use
  • An aftermarket diverter valve
  • Select Plus switch

1 - 20 of 23 Posts