Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have about 2500 miles on my GTI and absolutely love it! I have never had more fun driving any other car. However, VW of America has some of the worst dealerships I have ever experienced. Both in my area are awful but needed to pick the lesser evil of the two to purchase from; so what has happened does not surprise me.

When I first took delivery of my GTI with on 10 miles on it, I told the salesman that it looked a little high in the front end and asked if they took out the spacers. He responded yes. I even looked and did not see anything. But the other day I decided to take a flashlight under there...and sure enough there where two spacers on both of my front springs jammed between my coils.

I have two questions...Have I done any damage to my suspension, tires etc. by driving about 2500 miles with these spacers in? And what would be fair to ask the dealership for to compensate me for my time and the inconvenience? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I think it's perfectly within reason to bring your complaint to the manager of the dealership. If they don't respond, go to VWoA. I don't know if it actually hurt anything, but the dealership's negligence is inexcusable. You can tell them I said so.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts