Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am extremely bored atm and was just wondering how much everyone here spent on their fast. i've spent 300 on an intake and currently saving up for a tbe system

·
Registered
280 Posts
MY fast is making the long trip from Wolfsburg and should be here by the end of May. I have $3-4k set aside for an intake, TBE, chip, boost gauge, air/fuel ratio gauge, and some other odds and ends to help the engine "breathe" better. Might have a little left over and I'll be considering a LSD at some point in the future, as well as some coil-overs.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I haven't spent anything yet. For some reason I feel I should make the first payment before I start tearing it apart.

This might be against the CW, but I think I'm going to start with the suspension. i think it's the area a guy might see most improvement. From what the aftermarket engineers say, the engine breathes pretty well with the stock intake and exhaust. I know you can squeeze a few more ponies from both but it gets pricey fast. 250hp doesn't mean shit if you can't put it to the ground (and keep it there).

So here's the initial order:

HRS Sport Springs/ Bilstein Shocks $800 from ECS, probably $1000 installed
K&N replacement filter, $41 from neuspeed DELIVERED.
Oh yeah, color-match bumper light inserts from ESE, $50. It says performance without all the metallic tuning stickers.

Maybe I'll get a $750 APR chipping and a p-flo in about a year when the paranoia of destroying my new car wears off.

·
Registered
280 Posts
So my GTI is due here end of May and I'm finalizing my bag of goodies. I want to get your guys' opinions. Anyways, here's what I'm going to order w/ in the next week or two:
APR ECU Upgrade, AWE turbo-back exhaust, Neuspeed P-flo intake, Neuspeed carbon fiber engine cover, eip f/b s/s short shifter.
Total comes out to approximately $3,000. I'm also considering the OEM Euro Spec springs. Anyways, let me know your thoughts. I've done a pretty good amount of research on everything I'm ordering part-wise, but I'm definitely open to opinions.

·
Registered
857 Posts
That's an AWESOME set up. You'll be very happy with the increase in power.

When you do this, could I ask a favor. Put your car on a dyno when it's stock. After each upgrade, put the car back on the dyno. If you do this, we would all know exactly what the power increases are for the specific mods.

I would say that you sure are getting a big bang for your buck. I bet you can't wait.

When I graduate, I hope to get a lot of money and I would probably do a very similar set up, APR ECU/TBE/P-flo.

Keep us updated.

·
Registered
44 Posts
hmmmm ..... let's see here :p

Eurojet TBE = $1100
H&R Springs = $250
TM eyelids = $60
Tint = $175
Kenwood DVD = $1100
Kenwood Amp = $350
JL Audio subs = $350
Neuspeed P-Flow = $225
EIP engine chip = $350
Various Install = $400
Fuzzy Dice = $2
+______
$4362 ... and worth every penny! ;D

In the near future i also plan to add some 19" wheels and tires which will bring this total up to around $6000

·
Registered
280 Posts
How do you like your Eurojet TBE and H&R's? I think your best mod yet is the fuzzy dice. ;) For my list, I forgot to mention that I'm going to install a-pillar mounted boost and air/fuel ratio gauges. Any other important systems you think would be important to monitor w/ the mods? I'd like to do at most a triple gauge pod...quad seems a little excessive.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
scottnashley said:
I spent nothing on the car but i probably used 193883934484 US in gas :) 410 mpg a tank BS!!
Are you saying you get 410 miles per tank? Holy shit! I hardly get 410km per tank.

Or are you saying you get 410mpg? That would also be pretty extraordinary.

·
Registered
300 Posts
$40 - ESE black color matched side markers
$30 - ipod FM transmitter (I have an 06)
$7 - magazine including a GTI ad with a DSG sticker for the rear window.
$priceless - spending LOTS on gas to drive around for no other reason than to drive around... ;)

·
Registered
27 Posts
so far:
$700 H&R cup kit
$200 cup kit install and alignment
$300 V-flow intake
$850 APR ECU flash with stock, 91, 93, and 100 octane programs
$40 clear side markers
$50 all interior lights changed to red super-bright LEDs
$35 Hoen Endurance fog light bulbs
$200 20% tint all the way around
$150 3m transparent bra (i have a friend who is 50% owner of the best clear bra company in the seattle area and i got hooked up for cost of materials)
$200 dieselgeek short shifter

still on the to-buy list:
$5500 APR stage 3 kit
$2200 ECS stage 5 brake kit
$900 peloquin LSD
$700 MKV R32 rear brake conversion
$65 euro headlight switch

·
Registered
139 Posts
So far......

$325.00 for Road Block clear adhesive bra.

$80.00 for Euro headlight switch

$480.00 for new radio and amp install kit.

$65.00 rubber GTI monster mats

Soon to come......

Neuspeed Cat Back and Neuspeed P-flow w/ engine cover.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Tint (windows and tails) 280
Smoked bumper lights 60
open vents 40
floor mats 120
eyelids 40

so $540

thats only in a month i need to slow down

1 - 20 of 66 Posts