Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now, I'm wondering if anybody on here as actually changed [or seen] their own speed sensor? and if so, is this what it looks like? And does anybody have any experience with these sensors failing? Or know a way that I can test if this is the problem before I vagcom?

I hope this thread isn't considered spam or anything...but my car stalled on me for the 3rd time today, and I'm really in a rush to get this fixed due to my busy schedule between work and college. I plan on getting it diagnosed by a guy on vortex real soon, I just hoped to get some help from MFG.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Found this DIY

According to the description, it sounds like you're right about the placement.

Though I'm still wondering if anybody here has needed to replace their own? and for what reason? I'll post more once I get the vagcom diagnostics.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Error Code: P0322 Ignition Distributor Engine Speed Input Circuit No Signal

I'm assuming this is what I need, because the DIY has the same part number

I've never understood why ECS has different brands of the same product at different prices...it always makes me feel bad for choosing the cheapest one :(

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm guessing it's the wording. the OEM part is called the Impulse Sender and that's what the error code calls it...? That's the same P/N as the speed sensor.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Also refered to as the "Hall Sensor"

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
hall sensor is the cam sensor
Well what is the exact issue he's experiencing? The cam sensor is more for the vlavetrain and keeping the engine breathing for the amount of RPM it's throwing(hard idle, jumpy acceleration, etc...)
The crank sensor is more for keeping things pumping in sync.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am gonna trust Volcano's moxie ;D

I'll post how everything turns out once I get everything in the mail and in my car.

·
I'm Watching You
15,550 Posts
make sure its the crank sensor tho

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/16706/P0322/000802

did you check for resistance?

if you need help with that pm

wont be able to help until tonight tho

but if the code says impulse sensor, the sensor i posted is the crank/impulses sensor

check the ecs description in the like i posted

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Error Code: P0322 Ignition Distributor Engine Speed Input Circuit No Signal

I'm assuming this is what I need, because the DIY has the same part number
Did you read this volcano? The DIY explains exactly what the same symptoms of the Ross-Tech link that you posted. although i don't know how to "check for resistance". I guess I'm gonna PM you about that.....?

·
Use Google Search!!!!
8,222 Posts
Did you read this volcano? The DIY explains exactly what the same symptoms of the Ross-Tech link that you posted. although i don't know how to "check for resistance". I guess I'm gonna PM you about that.....?
Multimeter

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
I'm Watching You
15,550 Posts
imean its probably is bad but im just saying its better to be sure you need it then buy a expensive part and still have the problem

i pm'd u my number text me and ill get you the specs so you can test the sensor

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Sounds kinda like the issue I experience sometimes. I think I'm going to replace ALL of my engine's sensors at once and see how it runs.

·
I'm Watching You
15,550 Posts
Sounds kinda like the issue I experience sometimes. I think I'm going to replace ALL of my engine's sensors at once and see how it runs.
thats a lot of money

1 - 20 of 22 Posts