Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anybody on here has experience with installing aftermarket tweeters in their 1.8t? From the looks of the photo, my stock tweeter mounts look way too small to fit this tweeter, but I could be wrong. SPEAKERS

If you were wondering, I was thinking about testing these guys out for my sub/amp combo: SUB & AMP

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
thats a component speaker not a tweeter.

and yes it will fit, you need a drill with a drill bit. to do install though (drill out rivets and drill new holes)

you also need to buy an adapter or make your own.

i redid all my component speakers in my car

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
I believe he's aware that the larger speakers are indeed the components, but they come with tweeters, which is what he's asking about... unless I'm reading this wrong or just clueless..
didnt even read that it was a package deal :p

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I believe he's aware that the larger speakers are indeed the components, but they come with tweeters, which is what he's asking about... unless I'm reading this wrong or just clueless..
yes, that is what I meant. lol.

and yes it will fit, you need a drill with a drill bit. to do install though (drill out rivets and drill new holes)

you also need to buy an adapter or make your own.
I assume it's not that complicated of a drilling process? I have a cheap little drill with only a handful of bits, so I hope that works.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts