My Fast GTi banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont think I could've been any more pissed off.. :mad: seriously WTF?!?! There has to be another season, I'm not buying this crap!! IM SERIOUSLY PISSED!!!

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
I think there will be a Sopranos movie.

Either that or it's imagine up your own ending.

I was kinda dumbfounded too.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Seems everyone was. Read last week in Variety that there was a movie being made, but my co-worker's father is friends with David Chase and he said there is absolutely no way he will do a movie or another season. Two factors at play here... one being that the conclusion people draw from the final scene usually says somehting about those people. There was lots of teasing and suspense but if you think he gets killeed, or just lives in fear the rest of his life, says somehting about how you think. Secondly, it's a commentary on how we are not responsible for our actions anymore in this society. It was something that made the show realistic and most of my friends angry. sometimes a hit is supposed to go down but something gets in the way or it just doesn't... sometimes the mob boss survives and has dinner with his family. My heart sank for a second but after the initial anger and frustration, i think it was fitting ending for the show. Funny how hundreds of thousands of people at once across the country thought their cable went out!

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Do you remember the scene from a few weeks back when Pauly, (I think), was describing what getting whacked is like?

"You don't even know it happens, everything just goes black" or something to that effect.

I think the final shot was his view of the door and the room and then WHACK! everything goes black without ever seeing it coming.

In truth I was pissed at first but the more I thought about I recognized just how perfect it was because it really leaves the choice up to the viewer and their idea of what should happen. That in and of itself is considerably more difficult to achieve than you might think.

In my world, you do what he did, you die. Someone else might be different and it delivered that as well.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
22350 said:
Do you remember the scene from a few weeks back when Pauly, (I think), was describing what getting whacked is like?

"You don't even know it happens, everything just goes black" or something to that effect.

I think the final shot was his view of the door and the room and then WHACK! everything goes black without ever seeing it coming.
Honestly that is a good way to look at it... but everything inside me wants to say thats not what happens but damn, that is a good way to look at it.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hey all, first time poster here. (Funny how my first post on a gti forum is about the soprano's haha)

But I believe that was Bobby Bacala who said that, when him and Tony were fishing.. but man that final episode was a killer I couldn't believe it.. Soprano's is my favorite show ever.. sucks if it is over only after 6 seasons..

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Only six seasons?

I'm planning a Sopranathon, going through all episodes from season 1 on (I have em all on DVD). When I think back to Season 1 though, it was like a different world, so long ago.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Thalo said:
Only six seasons?

I'm planning a Sopranathon, going through all episodes from season 1 on (I have em all on DVD). When I think back to Season 1 though, it was like a different world, so long ago.
Ive actually done that (twice) i have seasons 1-5 on dvd and I can say ive seen every episode twice in order lol (and every episode in season 6 at least once).. it'll take you a while depending on how much free time you have - me? i have alot.. haha

·
Registered
4 Posts
I heard someone explaining that when the screen went black that it meant the audience had been whacked. I kind of liked that intrepretation.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
bhobbs said:
I heard someone explaining that when the screen went black that it meant the audience had been whacked. I kind of liked that intrepretation.
Nice first post dude...you wouldn't be Brian Hobbs from Valencia HS would you?

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
22350 said:
bhobbs said:
Why- is he on the list to be whacked? :p

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Dragon said:
22350 said:
bhobbs said:
Why- is he on the list to be whacked? :p
Nope...he's in Austin

Next time we talk remind me to tell you...it's freakin' hillarious

1 - 15 of 15 Posts