Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it happened. We got rid of the Ford Focus (THANK GOD) and got a new car. I'm not sure how I feel about it just yet. We got it for $500 over invoice which is way better than we did when we bought the GTI so I feel good about that at least. I've been driving the GTI for the past 6 months while the husband was stuck in a beat up focus with a missing front bumper. :p I don't work right now and am a full time student so if ANYONE deserves an incredible car like the GTI it is my husband. We ended up getting...

07 Honda Civic Hybrid with the full nav system. It's just not the same as the GTI... :'(

·
Registered
842 Posts
mistyz23 said:
Well, it happened. We got rid of the Ford Focus (THANK GOD) and got a new car. I'm not sure how I feel about it just yet. We got it for $500 over invoice which is way better than we did when we bought the GTI so I feel good about that at least. I've been driving the GTI for the past 6 months while the husband was stuck in a beat up focus with a missing front bumper. :p I don't work right now and am a full time student so if ANYONE deserves an incredible car like the GTI it is my husband. We ended up getting...

07 Honda Civic Hybrid with the full nav system. It's just not the same as the GTI... :'(
I would think it would be nice having two very different cars. We are considering getting a Smart Car for my work, as I need to buzz around town quite a bit. GTI & Smart, would be a nice combo. Like the hybrid.

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
mistyz23 said:
Tree huggin' hippy

LOLz

So you GAVE him your GTI? WTF? You are the wife- you should have first pick! 8)

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
...well he did have to drive a focus without a front bumper around for awhile.. but that still doesnt mean you should give up yer GTi!! haha... maybe just lend it to him until you break in the new car :p

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LOL.. I knew you guys would feel the same way I do! We will still drive whichever car, but he really deserves it since I don't bring in much money and he busts his ass to pay for the new cars we have now. I'm spoiled. >:D

And I'm not a tree hugging hippy, I'm a student who has to drive up to 100mi in one direction to get to my clinical sites for school at times! I'm purely motivated by money. ;D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts