Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok ive done mad research but im annoyed at the millions of different opinions. I trust you guys. I have misfires under WOT almost 100% of the time. Im done looking for the problems and im opening the wallet. Ill start where proper. I want the OEM Red Coil packs (all 4) and the best OEM spark plugs. Please someone tell me where or what website to use for best prives and fastest shipping for the OEM Red coils and the plugs. PLEASE.

CAR IS MY DD 75+ MILES PER DAY. dont need cold race plugs or any junk like that. OEM=WIN for me

·
Premium Member
10,066 Posts
I used denso iridium spark plugs in my mk5 and had the red n black coilpacks

Now im using ngk iridiums and fsi coilpack adapters with red n black mk5 coilpacks in my 1.8t gli

Also side note b4 you dump alot of money in coilpacks ... Pull ur spark plugs and check the gap on them ... My mk5 would do this and the gap was to wide had to gap them down some (was running unitronic stage2 file)

Sent From Mah iPhone4 Using Teh Tapatalk B!tches

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
but here is a list of packages your looking for for your car
http://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-...n/Service_Kit/
Whats the difference between the red and black? I realize that there different brands but all are OE. I want the best ones but I also wanted the red. Does it matter? As soon as you reply im ordering them, exactly what i was looking for.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Whats the difference between the red and black? I realize that there different brands but all are OE. I want the best ones but I also wanted the red. Does it matter? As soon as you reply im ordering them, exactly what i was looking for.
The black tops are the newest revision. The red tops are the prior revision. Either is fine.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Awesome guys exactly the advise I was looking for. thanks for all the help. Ordered the Red Tops W Bosh plugs. Price was Great too. Ill update when installed to see if misfires and flashing mil is gone. You guys never dissapoint

1 - 8 of 8 Posts