My Fast GTi banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After my third VW, this will be my last. It has very little to do with the car. VW has better interior and exterior style than anything out there, and few cars if any in this price range can beat it in fun-factor. I've tried three different dealerships to buy and/or service my cars, and I've had nothing but unapologetic incompetence and rudeness (a sales rep "bought out my lease" to put me in my new 06, and lo and behold, VW Credit comes-a-callin' wanting the rest of their cash. Of course, the sales rep has moved on by this time (like a month after I bought the car). The sales manager was less than sympathetic. I could go on and on.

If you don't mind shitty service and being treated like you're less than human for what I'll admit is a good ride, then go VW. If you're like me and are ready to be treated like a customer they want to keep, go elsewhere. I've heard Audi, BMW, Infiniti, Mercedes and Lexus all treat their customers like they want them to be lifers. I'm certainly going to try one of them in a few years. If I'm spending 30k on a car and willingly getting wallet-raped to ensure proper service at the dealership, I think I'm entitled to (a) some goddamned proper service and (b) something more than an attitude like I just shit in the service manager's Wheaties.

·
Registered
22 Posts
WOW, i have had the exact opposite experience....i live in Montreal, Canada, and the VW dealership has by far been the best and won by a long shot. BMW gave the absolute worst service i have ever seen, and if you didnt walk in with a suit and tie, you weren't looked at the right way, paying 60,000 for a car should give you friendly service and advice, as should any amount of money you spend on a car for that matter, but no, "your credit card please, and nice to know ya" says BMW. As for my VW service, it is excellent, sales reps are Veedubbers themselves, are always friendly, and even give you a small breakfast in the morning if you;re hungry, and some free internet if you happen to need to catch up on business. Sorry to see you waver from VW dean, for BMW i got shitty service and definitely not a better ride than my MKV thats for goddamn sure.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I live in Escondido California, My local vw dealers are the nicest people i have ever come across, they let me come in and drive my car around just because i thought it sounded funny. always return my car, and drove me to the post office while my car was getting a check up.

the sales guys are freakin a-holes though if you didnt buy from them.

sorry to hear that your trading in. what city do you live in

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Whoa there, Trigger. I'm not trading in anything. I'm just saying this will be my last one. I'm in Dallas, Texas, and I've had terrible sales and service experiences from different locations around the city. Up until now I've just shrugged my shoulders and considered it a tax for driving a great car. After three dubs over the last 13 years, I guess I'm just tired of getting racked in the nuts.

·
Registered
321 Posts
"dean", This may be a little bit of a drive for you but it may be worth your while. Go to Autobahn Motorcars in Fort Worth. The service guys here are super and the sales team is top notch. Usually when you go into a busy dealership in a large city you don't get quite so much attention, but these guys will sit down and shoot the shit with you as long as they can. They are also one of the bigger Euro dealerships in the area and always get the special edition stuff in. They always have a great selection and will work with you on pricing.

Note: I don't have any affiliation with this dealership or VW sales and service in general. I don't even live in TX. However, I have bought and serviced vehicles from this dealership in the past and have family members that still service their vehicles there. So, this is just my opinion. Good Luck!

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
From what I hear, VW dealerships are really hit and miss in the service department. A friend of mine in Florida has had horrid service from a dealership in Tampa. I had a bad experience at a dealership in Lowell, MA. My own long time dealership in Edmonton, AB used to have great service and this was back when I brought in an old used Jetta for servicing. Now, though, after buying a brand new car from them, I feel like I'm getting second class service and attention. If my headlight issue isn't fixed by the end of this week VWofC will hear about it.

·
Registered
99 Posts
dean,
So sorry to hear about your experiences. That just sucks! Yet, I would only recommend keeping the faith. My last 3 new cars, from newest to oldest, have been my beloved GTI, a Nissan and a Mercedes Benz.

While I have yet to get my GTI serviced, my interactions with the dealership have been excellent. With my Nissan the experience I had with the dealership where I bought the car, especially the service department, was awful. so i started going to another dealership and they treated me and my car as if it was the most important thing. Mercedes was great all around until a deer hit my car and their body shop worked on it. OMG! They really sucked and it just broke my heart to deal with them and the constant fight to get it right.

My point? Each dealership is different and hopefully you will find a good one. If you don't I would suggest moving because of all the cars I've ever owned, my GTI has been my mostest favorite. ;D

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thalo said:
Now, though, after buying a brand new car from them, I feel like I'm getting second class service and attention. If my headlight issue isn't fixed by the end of this week VWofC will hear about it.
Exactly what I was thinking of doing - basically cutting and pasting my original post, making it a little more diplomatic, and mailing it straight to the top of the food chain. The problem is that dealerships are revolving doors. Sales guys and managers move around every month. I don't see how there could ever be any corporate crack-down.

MicMoor, I'll check it out. If I can get some decent service, it's worth the drive to FtW.

·
Registered
690 Posts
dean said:
After three dubs over the last 13 years, I guess I'm just tired of getting racked in the nuts.
Yeah, they tend to get a little tender after a while.

I really am sorry to hear about your experiences, dean. I know how rough that kind of crap can be.

·
Registered
11 Posts
yea thats jus typical car sales men they are your best friend if you by from them ...most are sleasy

quote author=GTiJorgeGTi link=topic=972.msg9099#msg9099 date=1164091272]
I live in Escondido California, My local vw dealers are the nicest people i have ever come across, they let me come in and drive my car around just because i thought it sounded funny. always return my car, and drove me to the post office while my car was getting a check up.

the sales guys are freakin a-holes though if you didnt buy from them.

sorry to hear that your trading in. what city do you live in
[/quote]

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
DrJones said:
dean said:
After three dubs over the last 13 years, I guess I'm just tired of getting racked in the nuts.
Yeah, they tend to get a little tender after a while.

I really am sorry to hear about your experiences, dean. I know how rough that kind of crap can be.
I just don't get it, man. My ad agency works with a massive car company for their Services dep't, and I'm privy to what the real margins are on the car vs the service, so one would think that senior management would put a little more time into ensuring sure the Service guys at least knew what they were doing.

Case in point, I've dropped my car off twice for the TSBs on the radio, and even though the radio is doing EXACTLY what the TSBs are supposed to address, Service has thrown up their hands and has now simply ordered a new radio. Can't wait until that radio has the same problems AND when I get rolled eyes (again) when I actually print out and bring the TSBs with me.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I may be a little late, but if you should try Park Cities VW. They have been nothing but the best, constantly following up on anything that they worked on, and fixed. I just hate seeing people turned away from a great car company because of assholes that can't do their job right and hassle the customer.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Yes, seeing as the last post was on December 1st, you're probably a little late. Thank you for reactivating a dead thread.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.