Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok we all know So*Cal get get pretty dayumn hot during the summer time especially if u have leather seats. So im really considering doing a tint job on my car. Now, i went to a couple shops and got some prices and asked a few questions about the legality of getting the driver and passenger side done. Well im caught in a bind bc i for sure want to get all my windows done and the same percentage at that. One of the shops i went to is willing to do all 5 windows for $135 and im thinking bout goin 20% all around. Is that too dark? The next option is 35% and it look too light to me. I was wondering if i could get sum feedback and perhaps sum pics of u fellow v-dubbers cars with tinted windows. Id appreciate any help i can get. Thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
I paid slightly more but got a UV filtering film that really keep the car cooler when parked in the sun. Mine is a 3-door soo I got the door windows done light, then the back two a little darker and finished wiht 30% in the back making a gradient effect. I don't like it too dark... makes me think of certain people in NY I grew up with. Not sure that helps.
-A

·
Registered
749 Posts
V-dub Junglist said:
I paid slightly more but got a UV filtering film that really keep the car cooler when parked in the sun. Mine is a 3-door soo I got the door windows done light, then the back two a little darker and finished wiht 30% in the back making a gradient effect. I don't like it too dark... makes me think of certain people in NY I grew up with. Not sure that helps.
-A
Is that UV film the type that doesn't look tinted? I've seen a brand before that just barely darkened the windows but claimed xx% reduction in UV and heat. If so, where'd you get yours done?

·
Registered
18 Posts
im actually from southern california and it is illegal to have the driver and passenger side windows tinted. the truth is that if a cop wants to be a dick, he'll pull you over for it but for the most part, it doesnt happen too often. although people dont get pulled over for just tint too often, if you get pulled over for say, speeding, i wouldnt doubt it if a cop wrote you a ticket for the tint as well. idk all people are different though. i can say though that i actually think that 20% is perfect. thats what i have all the way around. it seems that its pretty dark but not too dark that you cant see through it at night. im happy with 20%

1 - 4 of 4 Posts