My Fast GTi banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
right below the headlights are slots covered by plastic that i cant seem to figure out why they are there. the only thing i could think of is that is where the headlight washers come out from. anyone know for sure. i hit the wipers washers to see fi they pop out, but they didnt. i dont know if the car needs to be running or moving...anyone know

·
Registered
33 Posts
jup there are small head light washers in it. I think when you wash your frontwindow 5 times your lights get washed once, or something like that...

·
Registered
2 Posts
if you turn your lights on and hold the wash lever for the front windshield they will pop out and spray down your lights. >:D

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
According to the manual they activate the first time you use the washers after starting the car, and then every fifth time after that. I can't believe you didn't know they were headlight washers, every Audi's had em for the past 8 years.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks, but this is my first vw. i have had tons of fords and a mazda, so it is new to me. i am doing my best to learn as much as i can about this car. i did the same for my rx8 and hope to eventually learn the same

·
Registered
33 Posts
but there are no wipers right? So I think when there is mud on the light putting water on it won't help much oO

·
Registered
952 Posts
dried mud? probably won't help, but these jets shoot harder than most headlight sprayers, so it should take off the majority of mud, dirt, bug...

·
Registered
46 Posts
youpey said:
right below the headlights are slots covered by plastic that i cant seem to figure out why they are there. the only thing i could think of is that is where the headlight washers come out from. anyone know for sure. i hit the wipers washers to see fi they pop out, but they didnt. i dont know if the car needs to be running or moving...anyone know
It shoots .45 rounds at oncoming motorists.

If you read the owners guide, it states to never use the weapons unless in situations where self-defense is required such as in: road rage.

lol. ;)

#dp

1 - 12 of 12 Posts