Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
121 Posts
Looks nice, picking mine up tomorrow with 25% on it. I called them this morning was like..."uhhh, I forgot to ask for tinting", so now they're panicking trying to get it done for tomorrow morning, on top of the detailing etc... ;D My only issue is the front windows, VW won't do it because it's illegal to have them done here so now I gotta go out and get them done on my own.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
747 Posts
I'm getting my 35% done tomorrow too ;D. cant wait
I am paying 183 for a 4 door and a lifetime warranty. the guys are chill since they started up their business 3 months ago, they are trying to attrack more customers by giving discounts.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Kool said:
Looks nice, picking mine up tomorrow with 25% on it. I called them this morning was like..."uhhh, I forgot to ask for tinting", so now they're panicking trying to get it done for tomorrow morning, on top of the detailing etc... ;D My only issue is the front windows, VW won't do it because it's illegal to have them done here so now I gotta go out and get them done on my own.
Awesome man you'll be pummped.....it will come out amazing, I've been harassed by cops here and actually had to peel it off once to get an inspection sticker.......leagal for me from now on 8)

mattabaziou said:
I'm getting my 35% done tomorrow too ;D. cant wait
I am paying 183 for a 4 door and a lifetime warranty. the guys are chill since they started up their business 3 months ago, they are trying to attrack more customers by giving discounts.
SWEET dude.....that's a great price, I paid 225 for all of the windows.....(liftime warranty also)

Fire up pics, I love to see other stuff.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,629 Posts
i paid 70 bucks for all my windows... haha. no warranty though :(. lasted for over a year already though and still looks great so im happy :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
747 Posts
scans007 said:
Kool said:
Looks nice, picking mine up tomorrow with 25% on it. I called them this morning was like..."uhhh, I forgot to ask for tinting", so now they're panicking trying to get it done for tomorrow morning, on top of the detailing etc... ;D My only issue is the front windows, VW won't do it because it's illegal to have them done here so now I gotta go out and get them done on my own.
Awesome man you'll be pummped.....it will come out amazing, I've been harassed by cops here and actually had to peel it off once to get an inspection sticker.......leagal for me from now on 8)

mattabaziou said:
I'm getting my 35% done tomorrow too ;D. cant wait
I am paying 183 for a 4 door and a lifetime warranty. the guys are chill since they started up their business 3 months ago, they are trying to attrack more customers by giving discounts.
SWEET dude.....that's a great price, I paid 225 for all of the windows.....(liftime warranty also)

Fire up pics, I love to see other stuff.....
Yea I am going to take some before and after pics and post them up when its done
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
22350 said:
Vury nice! You have only tinted so far? I'm shocked....how's the sound install going?
LOL, I know......I'm about to order my exhaust and get chipped 8)

They audio install is go'n down the weekend of the 24th. Go'n down to RI to my parents garage (it's HUGE) just waiting for the Sub and Amp to come in from CA so I can build the box for the sub in the spare tire spot., which I'll do as soon as they get here this week...

Its gonna be a huge job, but havin the whole service manual and pre study'n it - i'll be able to tear the car apart in no time......I also wanted to sneak in a boost gauge install while the whole car was apart, but I haven't looked around yet at all the pods......

The column one I don't like cuz it blocks to much, I LOVE the one that goes over the ashtry, but HATE it's location as you can't look at it while driving. The vent one was my fav, but looks to be only for the MKIV style.....arg......

Anywho.....I wrote too much, can you tell I"m excited... ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,420 Posts
when I got my windows tinted I payed 120 for 20% all the way (except the windshield) and a 3 year warranty. Not bad I think. I had to pay with cash though cause it's illegal and they wouldn't take my check card...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,064 Posts
Sooooooo.....no record of the sale kinda means your 3 year warranty is worthless right? Just sayin'

(Maybe not, you might know the guys or somthin' in which case you probably have better than 3 years!)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,420 Posts
No they gave me a written receipt and the date i got the tint on it. It's good for 3 years. They just don't want me to tell the fuzz who gave me the tint. So I'm good.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
scans007 said:
Dragon said:
scans007 said:
The column one I don't like cuz it blocks to much, I LOVE the one that goes over the ashtry, but HATE it's location as you can't look at it while driving. The vent one was my fav, but looks to be only for the MKIV style.....arg......
The AWE gauge is for the MkV ;D
http://www.awe-tuning.com/pages/sha...PEI=25&PP=mk5gj_20t_interior.cfm&PPT=Interior
SOLD.....

I love you....... ;D
Ok so I went down to my performace shop right around the corner, they had the gauge mounted in the vent with this kit, I don't like it as much as I thought I would......matter of fact it looked really outta place look'n in and around the cabin from other seats....from the dirvers seat it had a great line of sight.......I think I'm gonna go for the col pod even though everyone hates is...

Who am I - jack'n my own thread ;D

Back on topic...

Need to get my front left window redone, has a HUGE scratch on it, didn't notice it till I washed it the other day......man that's annoying.......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
747 Posts
haha yea I got my tint done, but I didn't get any pictures up yet sorry, I have to get my front right window redone too, I have a a weird shaped air bubble that wont come out.
I talked to the guys where I got the tint, and apparently the GTI is an annoying car to tint because of the seals on the windows, and because of the curvature of the trunk... I got a good deal, but I dont think they will give discounts for people with GTI's anymore...

PS: cleaning the car today, and going to post some pics since its really nice out
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
mattabaziou said:
haha yea I got my tint done, but I didn't get any pictures up yet sorry, I have to get my front right window redone too, I have a a weird shaped air bubble that wont come out.
I talked to the guys where I got the tint, and apparently the GTI is an annoying car to tint because of the seals on the windows, and because of the curvature of the trunk... I got a good deal, but I dont think they will give discounts for people with GTI's anymore...

PS: cleaning the car today, and going to post some pics since its really nice out
Yeah, my drivers side needs to be redone too......there are scratches on it.....can't wait to see pics of your ride!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
747 Posts
So I got my act together and took some shots of my beautiful FAST after spending quite some time cleaning an waxing her...
I cant seem to post pictures directly on the forum (I dont know why, it says the message board is full or something like that) so here is a link to my webshots where you can see pictures with and without the tint
I now have a 35% tint all around


http://community.webshots.com/album/559118681UeRazQ

PS: looking back at it now, I kind of think I should have gone with 35% in the front and 20% in the back...I sometimes feel like its too bright still in the cabin...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,420 Posts
Depending on how strict they are where you live you should have gone 20 all the way. I don't think it's dark enough for cops to question it here since the limit is 25% and I have 20%... I guess they can't tell. O0
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top