Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I enjoy playing the premium audio package that came with my GTI. Although whenever i go over 10-11 volume my door panels (the metal ones) always shake. I am assuming this is a factory defect as i know how those Germans like their music. I already got the blown speaker taken care of (damn test drivers) but i was wondering if this was a common problem on the mark Vs.

·
Use Google Search!!!!
8,222 Posts
I run a subwoofer so I use the factory speakers for mids and highs and have the bass almost all the way off on the knob.Blowin speakers is pretty common on stock equipment.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its not the speaker blowing thats the issue, its the side panels vibrating louder than the speakers themselves. Anyone else had this issue?

·
Use Google Search!!!!
8,222 Posts
Its not the speaker blowing thats the issue, its the side panels vibrating louder than the speakers themselves. Anyone else had this issue?
Sorry i didnt answer your question..No, when i ran stock speakers my panels did not vibrate.

·
Registered
4 Posts
If your door panels are rattling, I would ask the service depart about it first. Perhaps they'll be kind enough and look at it for you. I don't know if it's covered by the warranty or not, but it's worth a shot.

If it does turn out to be normal, go to a reputable car audio store and inquire about Dynomat. That will do amazing things not only for the sound of the stereo, but it should take care of that rattling of the door panels.

Worth checking out!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts