Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a long time Honda guy, I have a turbo-charged civic in the garage, I shopped long and hard for a new car, and the new GTI just had it all. This point was proven when I came upon a modded 2007 Civic Si Coupe about a month after I had purchased the GTI. Civic had exhaust, intake, at least (based on stickers). I let him go by, changed lanes and came back around very noticably like (had been waiting to come upon a new Si). He manuevered next to me and we gave each other the nod.

I pulled away from him in 3rd at about 45-55 MPH, continued to pull away all the way through 5th. Slowed down and got the thumbs up.

I made the right choice. As for my civic, with all the money I put in to it, yes it is faster, but stock vs stock on the new ones, GTI kicked Si's ass.

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
Nice... I love me a nice turbo'd civic... What year? What engine?

Hatch, sedan, or coupe?

I love the early 90's hatchbacks.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I'm a long time Honda guy, I have a turbo-charged civic in the garage, I shopped long and hard for a new car, and the new GTI just had it all. This point was proven when I came upon a modded 2007 Civic Si Coupe about a month after I had purchased the GTI. Civic had exhaust, intake, at least (based on stickers). I let him go by, changed lanes and came back around very noticably like (had been waiting to come upon a new Si). He manuevered next to me and we gave each other the nod.

I pulled away from him in 3rd at about 45-55 MPH, continued to pull away all the way through 5th. Slowed down and got the thumbs up.

I made the right choice. As for my civic, with all the money I put in to it, yes it is faster, but stock vs stock on the new ones, GTI kicked Si's ass.
AMEN to that

·
Registered
28 Posts
So i street raced my friends brand new 08 civic si. the turbo let me pull away quick, but with his v-tec he caught up. So i guess the GTI and the SI are pretty evenly matched. but i just dont really like hondas

·
Registered
52 Posts
Raced a brand new Civic Si Friday coming home from work. I was surprised how quick it was - dude was about a half to one car length behind me the whole time, and I'm running Revo Stage I. I think my problem was that I spun my tires a bit (wet road) and hit a pothole. Still nice to make the kill though. ;)

Not quite sure if the Si was modded or not. Sounded like it was stock, but it was a bit of a threat. Raced an old fart can 90s-era Civic with mods on Saturday. That was a destroy.

Civics are definately nice cars - used to have a 2003 model - just no comparison to the MKV.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Nice... I love me a nice turbo'd civic... What year? What engine?

Hatch, sedan, or coupe?

I love the early 90's hatchbacks.
if u love civics soo much then u must be a ricer do u even drive a gti or do u drive a ricer buner civic? because ne one who says they love a turboed civic must be a rice burner

·
Registered
65 Posts
So i street raced my friends brand new 08 civic si. the turbo let me pull away quick, but with his v-tec he caught up. So i guess the GTI and the SI are pretty evenly matched. but i just dont really like hondas
u must have an older gti. because im pretty sure the 08 is quicker

·
Premium Member
6,854 Posts
if u love civics soo much then u must be a ricer do u even drive a gti or do u drive a ricer buner civic? because ne one who says they love a turboed civic must be a rice burner
I <3 turboed civics too, they are nasty, and please, PLEASE explain to me how dropping a turbo kit into an N/A car is rice, seriously WTF do you know? Who are you to call out KK, I can because I've earned that right but you..... you haven't.

·
Registered
336 Posts
:rolleyes:...CMAK...you should really tread lightly steppin' on a moderators toes like that....he should kick your ignorant ass right out of here!...and on that "08 is quicker" bit, you need to be specific if you're talking about the Si or the GTI......you must have breathed a lot of bad fumes when you were young.....LMAO!!!

·
Registered
65 Posts
You know cmk...you called me retarded...cant back you on this one :(...plus dlights vader is CREEPY :eek:
Dude chill out 1.my friend uses my sn on here more then I do and I have not a clue what post he replies to he always argues about car facts so if he said something to you sorry

·
Premium Member
6,854 Posts
i smell bs.....heard that excuse to many times on forums before lol
Werd everybody that knows me knows my password/username for this site but for some reason they've all managed to stay outta my profile, with the exception of one time when boosted went on my username to help a guy out with tire sizing

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
Werd everybody that knows me knows my password/username for this site but for some reason they've all managed to stay outta my profile, with the exception of one time when boosted went on my username to help a guy out with tire sizing
posted a few times, but I have no means to start crap...

And as far as rice status... I have an rx7 that's louder than any civic I've ever heard and I'm resonated with dual mufflers... Am I a ricer?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts