My Fast GTi banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've been wanting a gti for a long time and i found a 2002 GTI 1.8T with 65000 miles for $8990. it has a clean carfax report and everything.

·
Registered
635 Posts
sounds good but whats your budget...you can get a 06 GTI for 19k...usually about 10-15k miles but yeah the 02 sounds like a great deal especially with those miles

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i dont have a very big budget cause i'm still 16 without much income. i'm going to be working at knotts berry farm soon so i can get some extra money but i dont think i can afford a 19K car. will maintaining this car be alot?

·
Registered
635 Posts
since it is low miles u shouldnt expect much until about 100k the main things to look out for would be hoses...leaks..and mainly electronics...best part about that car...parts are abound everywhere on my Audi they dont make or stock parts in the USA anymore so they all have to be imported straight from Germany...just a headlight housing is almost 700 dollars lol...just be sure to look it over and get it inspected by a mechanic just to be sure before u buy

·
Registered
245 Posts
wayneswor1d said:
k thanks for your help. hopefully i'll be driving home with it today ;D
Just don't skip that inspection... Save you some major $$ and headaches down the road.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts