Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I just got an '05 1.8T GTI and I'm looking for that BOV sound. Would an upgraded DV handle this, or do I need the intake as well? Either way, what are good (intake and diverter valve) brands for making this kind of sound?

Thanks

·
Registered
749 Posts
Gti07Md said:
Do BOV void warranties?
If anything goes with your engine or turbo, it wouldn't be hard for the service department to argue that it was caused by an aftermarket BOV. It's a very simple part when compared to everything else that can go wrong, but the DV is central to the operation and safety of these turbocharged engines.

My MkV lets out much more DV sound with Neuspeed's P-Flow intake installed, but I've read similar reports about all the major high-flow intakes. Won't surprise me if any good intake on your MkIV lets your hear your DV better.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I"d love to get that, but I talked to MY dealer yesterday, and they were very clear that

any aftermarket or "EPI" lol....add-ons to the engine, suspension, powertrain, will void warranty....

assholes

·
Registered
245 Posts
Gti07Md said:
I"d love to get that, but I talked to MY dealer yesterday, and they were very clear that

any aftermarket or "EPI" lol....add-ons to the engine, suspension, powertrain, will void warranty....

assholes
Only if that modification causes the problem.

Ie, you add an intake and your water pump fails. The pump would still be covered as it didn't fail because of the intake.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.