Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i haven't posted in a while, but I've been looking for an hour or so now and can't find anything on a diy with replacing a passenger window for an mk4...My ex girlfriend decided to smash it today, (its been a hard day......) needless to say, i didn't have her arrested, i just want to fix the window, because she's crazy and awful and would probably lie to the cops and so forth....either way...any help as soon as possible with either replacement ideas (best place other than a jy to get a new window) and any threads that i may have missed, or diy that anyone has used...meanwhile, i have to leave my car outside, so this reaaaaly sucks....btw this is a history book day for pain in the ass women in my life...so if i missed a thread, take it with a grain of salt...and help a brother out.

all good things- James

·
I'm Watching You
15,550 Posts
Just find a how to remove the door card thread

Once you have it off get to the window frame/holder and unbolt the window

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for all the responses, i was really happy to wake up this morning and find all this help including all the forum kb articles etc., as it turns out i ended up getting a ref. while at the local coffee shop that i do server work etc from (I'm a server tech and web/db design tech for priv. industry) and someone dropped me a card while i was figuring out wtf to do with my car, turns out they ended up being a company RIGHT ACROSS THE STREET from vw who wanted 130 bucks to do a minty perfect job on the car, i mean truly looks perfect. so for 50 bucks someone else hassled with it, i hate door panels, and stereo ****, working on them always bothers me, but i found that last link to the diy veerry interesting @boostedjti am i correct or does the mk5 skin come off from the outside? i saw some weird pics in the forum of something like that while hastily looking around for a solution before you guys helped me out.....either way THANK YOU GUYS A TON!!! 80)))

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
Yea I believe the outer door skin on the mkv's can be unbolted, where ours are seam welded.

I've followed that diy twice to replace the clips on the regulator for my Passat. They don't miss anything for it. All in all, you could swap the glass in an hour if you have the patience.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts