Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[help]

OK. I couldn't go another winter with those summer tires. The snow is terrible, one winter was really too many. Anyways, I bought so 17" RS4 Replicas off a guy on craiglist. The rims were said to be in perfect condition and the tires had less than 1,000 miles. This all looked good when I met the guy, so I bought them. After I mounted these things, I get vibrations from like 20-45mph. It seems to have gotten a little better, but is still noticable and maybe not great for my car. The offset for the wheels is 47 and there is no rubbing going on since the tires are only 225/45-17. So far I have thought up that they needed balancing. So I talked to someone at work and he agree'd (this guy knows his stuff, maybe!). Then I took it to a tire shot and he said that unbalanced wheels would be worse the fast you get, but my vibration seems to pretty much dissapear at highway speeds. He said something about something being wrong with the tire, but he had a look and said the tires are probably ok. Im hoping I didn't get a bent rim or something. Anyone have any insight? THANKS! [help] :-\

1 - 2 of 2 Posts