Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, yesterday, my fast demanded service. It popped up on that little lcd screen between the speedo nd the rpm meter. I dont really wanna service at the service center cause I know they give you cheap oil, but thats not the issue. Can I get rid of the service now if I just change my oil myself? , Or do I need to go to the service center?

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
if u check threads around here there is a post on how to reset the service indicator.

its like put key in turn on, but do not start up reset the mileage....blah blah blah

search for "resetting service indicator "

·
mmm...beer
2,815 Posts
i broke 10k on mine not too long ago, and my "service now" thing never showed up. maybe its because i had an oil change at 7k? i dont know, but since i bought her used, i just did it to be safe. my local jiffy lube takes care of it.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
service now is determined when it was last reset. Its meant to go off every 5k, so it will b 12k for you. If u visit the vw website there is a list of what a "dealership service" will consist off. Most of the service performed are things like...checking airbag. (u can do that urself.....has it deployed? nope....then ur good lol).

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
service now is determined when it was last reset. Its meant to go off every 5k, so it will b 12k for you. If u visit the vw website there is a list of what a "dealership service" will consist off. Most of the service performed are things like...checking airbag. (u can do that urself.....has it deployed? nope....then ur good lol).
I changed the oil on my car after the break in period, around like 800 miles

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
did u reset the service indicator @ 800?

r u proving or disproving my theory....if soo have u hit 5k or 5800miles yet.

lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.