Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I have a MKIV, with a vf egineering supercharger. The super charger has a broken seal and leaks oil. My problem is that i have put three new belts on my car in the last two weeks. I cannot figure out why my belt keeps slipping off. Im down to my last belt and im out of money. ANy ideas?

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
When was the last time the belt tensioner was changed?

Pics of your setup, more specifically the belts.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
nothing is wobbleing, i did notice a rattle in the front by the sc, but the tensioner was pulled out since i have a sc...i thought thats what it was when the first belt snapped. Im hoping my sc is just out of alignment.

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
No adjustable tensioner could be your issue. But if the belt isn't routed properly it will snap or slip off all the same. Happened to my Corrado.

Sent from my Transformer TF101

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
but i dont have a tensioner? so how would this be an issue
because under load the belt stretches, without something to keep it tight it would, hypothetically or literally, snap or slip off

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
It isn't like the OEM tensioner that compensates for load. Your sc is mounted in one still position, yes it provides some tension but again, isn't OEM.

You need to ensure the belt is routed properly as well.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
alright so i think i fixed my problem with my belt. my sc pulley was dirtier than ever(oil and grease build up from the sc leak).....but i had my engine light on for a bit while it was in the shop i scanned it and got these codes P3081, P0411, and P1516.....any ideas on these? i know what they mean just dont know where to start.

·
Premium Member
10,067 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.