My Fast GTi banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

I'm entertaining the idea of selling my stock 18" and putting on some 18" OZ 35th anniversary wheels. Any ideas of how much I would be able to get for the wheels? They do have a couple scratches that can be noticed if you look close.

Thanks

Simon

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Kinda depends where you live too...unless you want to either pay for shipping or tag that on to the price too.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah the thing with the wheels mentioned in the previous post is that those are quote "Original Equipment Reproductions" so I would think that that makes a big difference. For example, here in Canada a set of original VW 16" winter steelies is $150 each so that's $600 CAN for steel wheels. So I'd assume nice wheels like the 18's are quite a bit more.

Simon

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
Simon Agnew said:
Yeah the thing with the wheels mentioned in the previous post is that those are quote "Original Equipment Reproductions" so I would think that that makes a big difference. For example, here in Canada a set of original VW 16" winter steelies is $150 each so that's $600 CAN for steel wheels. So I'd assume nice wheels like the 18's are quite a bit more.

Simon
My bad- sorry :-[ I didn't read the fine print. The non-fine print Italian knock-offs were $549. All I can think of is see what they are going for on Ebay or craigslist.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
you can honestly probably sell them for the the same price you paid to get them. (i believe its $750 to get them when you buy the car??)

·
Registered
137 Posts
I love the OZ Rally rims, especially the black ones! You never really posted how much for them and if they come with wheels and tires. I am getting my GTI in a few months and I want to get either stock wheels and put winter tires on or buy the OZ ones and put winter tires on. If you still got them around in December or so, I might pick them up off you. I think reasonably with the tires they are worth $500-$600 because shipping is exspensive and even more if you want to pick them up. Without tires hmmmmmmmm...............$350-$400
My best guess! O0

·
Registered
1 Posts
Simon Agnew said:
Hey Everyone,

I'm entertaining the idea of selling my stock 18" and putting on some 18" OZ 35th anniversary wheels. Any ideas of how much I would be able to get for the wheels? They do have a couple scratches that can be noticed if you look close.

Thanks

Simon
Shoot me an email and we'll talk, I'm looking all over for a OEM set of 18" Huffs, sick of the 17" wanabe already .... [email protected]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts