Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently started looking for some new wheels to put on my '07 BM GTI. My goal was to save a few pounds on each corner without emptying my bank account. Anyway, I found a few styles I like and several come in silver, black, and some come in bronze. I wonder how the bronze would look on a black car, but no websites that have a graphic for their bronze wheels will let me see them on my car.

Does anyone know of a good app out there that will let me do this?

I hope I don't get flack for asking about this. I think the color combo has potential, but I admit, it might also turn out pretty hideous. I'd rather not spend hundreds of $$$ to find out.

·
Registered
263 Posts
if you get bronze, im gonna spraypaint a big honda logo on your car. either black rims with a chrome lip or dark grey rims. i personally like dark grey more, especially with red brake calipers

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input at last. I have kinda shyed away from the idea since I posted this. Hadn't thought about the dark grey yet though. Good idea and I'll try to check it out. Probably end up with something similar to what's on it now, only hopefully at least 6# lighter each.

·
Registered
635 Posts
i think if you got some big spoke wheels like the Huffs in bronze instead of multi like BBS in bronze it would be awesome with a blacked out GTI...it's your car its your decision on what to do with it, remember to each his own.

·
Registered
263 Posts
get some dark grey 18" rs4 rims. i have a black magic too and those are the wheels im considering.

·
Registered
300 Posts
As to the original question, I was in a Les Schwab a couple years ago, and they had a stand with exactly what you're looking for. It let you select your make/model, color, and then you could fit it with their entire line of wheels/rims. You could also raise/lower the car. It was really sweet. I've tried to find something similar on the web to no avail. If you've got one near by, you should stop in and see if it's still there.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I know I'm replying to myself, but I was inspired to search again, and I found something:

http://www.lesschwab.com/virtualWheelsOnline.html

Pretty cool. Not the best selection of rims in the world, but it is a cool app.

Sorry to say, I don't see any bronze rims. I take that back, I'm not sorry... ;D

·
Registered
277 Posts
deviltailedfast said:
I know I'm replying to myself, but I was inspired to search again, and I found something:

http://www.lesschwab.com/virtualWheelsOnline.html

Pretty cool. Not the best selection of rims in the world, but it is a cool app.

Sorry to say, I don't see any bronze rims. I take that back, I'm not sorry... ;D
PM me for my email, or IM me.......then send me a side shot of your car, and a few pics of the rims and I'll photoshop them on for ya :D

I'll be your "app" ;D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts