Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2011 GTI won't read my SD card when it's cold. It'll default back to the CD or radio and say "SD card is unreadable," if I try to pick the SD Card from the menu. If I reinsert the card, it says "SD Card not recognized," or somesuch. It basically only happens when the car is cold. I've even tried warming the card up (like keeping it indoors with me) but it seems to be the stereo that has to warm up. It's pretty irritating to get in the car and not be able to listen to the music you wanted to, and then to start from the card's root folder instead of resuming from the last playlist track.

This is the RNS-315, I think. It has two knobs, two buttons and an aux-in jack all below the LCD touchscreen-nav display, CD slot at the top, SD card slot on the left.

Unless someone can blame this on the SD Card (Sandisk, 4GB?) still, it might be something to mention to the dealer. :(

·
Use Google Search!!!!
8,222 Posts
Most of the HU's dont function well when its really cold. Mine goes really slow and looks like a etch-a-sketch for a few minutes. Some totally go blank and never work again. Oh well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts