·
Registered
2,169 Posts
mine only scrolls when it is an mp3.

but i havent got the patch yet...gonna get it next month

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
in there it comes up as basic or detailed...even tells u some warning how it could b a distraction

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Try pushing and holding the right round button, it will bring you to the options screen...if I remember correctly you can set it in there.
in there it comes up as basic or detailed...even tells u some warning how it could b a distraction
Obviously I have turned it on, lol. I have checked and re-checked it so many times. I even tried NOT accepting the warning a couple of times to see if maybe it was screwed up and backwards or something.

So for those of you who DO have scrolling, is it JUST when playing mp3 CDs?

- Does anyone get scrolling on SIRIUS? I get the info displayed, but it NEVER scrolls.

- How about FM?

- And Store-bought CDs?

I know the IPOD info unfortunately doesn't display, but DAMN...I just can't imagine this CD player can't read the info on my store-bought CDs in this day and age!

It's not that I NEED scrolling....but if you tell me you can scroll and then you can't....that just pisses me off. haha

·
Registered
23 Posts
What "patch" is everyone talking about? a vagcom or dealer thing? i saw someone mention a bass problem and wondering if its the same thing that happens to me (sometimes the bass goes way up on its own and won't go away till i adjust the volume)

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
dude...love ur signature. :) wwjd: a gti lol

·
Registered
223 Posts
The scrolling text option in the settings only applies to MP3 CDs.

There is no text scrolling when in satelite mode.

There was a software update for the stereo. Ask for it next time you are in for service. It fixes the bass flare issue and adds a clock to the radio face among other things.

·
Registered
446 Posts
oh man i just brought mine in for service now i have to go back a hour away to get this. one day late in reading this oh well. a clock on the radio is going to be sweet

·
Use Google Search!!!!
8,222 Posts
I have that problem with the bass going way up all of a sudden..Whats the deal with that? I thought it was just my car.. good to know its fixable. Prolly has something to do with that automatic volume adjuster for speeding up and slowing down??

·
Registered
473 Posts
Bass flare/clock display TSB#2015914
Thanks for that info. I'll let the dealer know when I bring her in next. That turbo bass pisses me off but probably saved my speakers. A half hour to the dealer but I want it fixed. Hate just dealing with it.

"I call the shot on Killer Bass," thats what I keep telling my FAST.. guess I finally win. ;)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Thanks for that info. I'll let the dealer know when I bring her in next. That turbo bass pisses me off but probably saved my speakers. A half hour to the dealer but I want it fixed. Hate just dealing with it.

"I call the shot on Killer Bass," thats what I keep telling my FAST.. guess I finally win. ;)
just had mine fixed by dealer today... funny they didn't say anything about it last time I was there and got the alignment cap recall fixed..

·
Registered
473 Posts
just had mine fixed by dealer today... funny they didn't say anything about it last time I was there and got the alignment cap recall fixed..
I took mine there a month ago for oil change and they did the recall cap but nothing for the radio. i guess you have to tell them you're having a problem because not enough are complaining to check it themselves or just do it on their own since they should know its a common problem. I have a 2007 but maybe only that year and not 2008 problem. Not sure???

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.