Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so today after many many months of being carless at college my parents decided to give me my car. this may seem nice but at the same time i am screwed. they took out of my OWN account money and bought a tracking device for my car and now whenever i go over 65mph, turn the car on, move the car, or anything with the car it calls my mom. i am really really pissed. there is no way to even shut it off because if someone touches it there is a back up battery that sends another message to my mom saying the car is being tampered with. this whole situation is driving me nuts. there must be some sort of way to toggle the tracking device on and off without setting off anything to make it send out a message... well thanks for reading my rant. any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Wow, what the h*** did you do before now that caused them to LOJACK you like this??? I guess next comes the ankle transponder. I thought citizen control like that was limited to VA residents & unfair speeding laws but I see not. I feel for ya.

Hey, even that Asian Mechanic in 2 Fast 2 Furious couldnt undo the tracking spidered in those two Mitsubishi's. Sounds like the same cr*p. :mad:

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its pretty intense. even if i touch it it will go off for me tampering with it and signal and theft warning. i didnt even do anything to make them do this. been driving for 3 years and no tickets. i live at college now with no car and they finally gave into giving me my car. i just didnt expect to come home while my car was in the shop having a tracker installed on it... especially with my own $225 contribution to it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Backup battery is not a problem as I see it. Find a place with no satellite or cell reception like the garage in my apt building or the Faraday cage down the street and there'll be no way to send a signal to ur mom. Still hard to beat the system if your mom is persistant though. If it keeps a record of your behaviour or she asks the company to find you and they cant get a response. Dunno just thinking of things my mom would do if she still had control over me ;D . BTW i'm assuming its only a tracker and not an anti-theft device because lojack works on rf signals so you would need the Faraday cage.

·
Registered
43 Posts
"GIAC, AWE downpipe (removed cat), Greddy Cat-Back, Neuspeed CAI, Blitz stainless steel cone filer, HKS SSQV, VF dog bone mount, Stasis tuned Koni Coilovers... and more to come..."
Why would your parents "let" you have this car fitted with all these upgrades, but not "let" you drive it. Why would they "let" you put all your money and time into this car but not "let" you enjoy it??
Question stated before is what did you do before this in order to get such punishment?
Answer that and maybe someone will tell you how to get around the lojack on your car.....

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Ask your parents if they've ever heard of Nazi Germany.

·
Banned
890 Posts
Hmmmmmm,
1-must be nice to have an account that has enough cash to buy car!
Must be a reason your mom can withdraw money from it...
Return the car, say thanks but no thanks. Go get a job (if you don't have one) and buy a car on your own.
Know a lot of kids who would be mighty thankful to have the dough to get any car. Time to look at positive side of things and not negative.

·
Registered
41 Posts
is the car in their name?.... i'm assuming so, because your profile says you are 19 and if you're 19 then you're a legal adult and if the car was in your name then they couldn't do anything like that.... and unless you are like a senator's son or something like that then you must have done something to have them do this to you.... it's obvious they care because they did give you the car back, (that's in their name of course), so that you have transportation to get around and all.... you didn't have to do anything car related, "i didnt even do anything to make them do this. been driving for 3 years and no tickets. ",in the past i've done a bunch of bad shit completely non car or police related and have been punished... also what is the brand of this security system so the rest of us can check it out.... oh and p.s. what did you do ????

·
Registered
530 Posts
clay57 said:
Hmmmmmm,
1-must be nice to have an account that has enough cash to buy car!
He didn't say that, he said that his parents took out $225 out of his account to pay for the tracking device.

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
Like Fud said- find a deep underground lot and disable it.

Do you know what brand it is? >:D

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
Find someone with a slow ass car... meet them in the underground garage. Install device into friends Geo Metro... O0

That way your folks are getting data still and don't think the device is disabled. ^-^

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
its made my Clifford... it cost $600 i believe my parents said. 210c is the model i think... i dont have the info really on it i just saw a glimpse of the box.
problem is though they dont want me driving at night period. they have 0 trust for me and really no reason for not having any. i have never been in trouble since i have had the car... except the first day i had it :). got caught sneaking out for a little run around the neighborhood... but hey that was almost 2 years ago now.
there is a problem with the device right now also because supposivly a wire is messed up and keeps sending theft signals to my mom saying my car is being tampered with and/or stolen. when i bring it back to the guys to fix it, alone might i add, i will see if the installer will help me out. he took it for a spin to make sure the car was running right and called my up asking what i had in it because he loved it so much and wants to get one for his son hah. he said he will help me out but i donno... lets hope for the best.

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
Just see if he can change the limit of the speed to like 100... or 120. You shouldn't need to go faster than that. Races going past 100 are pointless to me. It's either 1/4 mile (which shouldn't get you past 100 unless you're HEAVILY modded) or track racing.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
22350 said:
So...does this at least mean you won't have to sell everything you put on your FAST?
if i cant find a way to get this tracking system under control then im going to sell everything still and stick with my original plan and get the MK3 or MK2

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.