Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone scratched their rims? I have a 2007 GTI with 18' Huffs, and I kissed the curb and now I have a small scratch on my rear right rim. I am totally pissed off about it! :mad: Any suggestions on how to fix it? Replaceable? [help]

·
Registered
197 Posts
i did that to 3 of mine. theres shops that can fix them not sure how they do it but they do. my dealership got them fixed for about 80-150 each

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yikes, thats costly. I guess I will have to save up to fix it. Thank you for the help. I assume that is probably the only route to go.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Yea i just scratched one of my 17" inch denver alloys tonite oming back from the NO Saints game leaving the parking garage i scraped a curve. So really they can fix it?? how is that possible?? if they cant how much is a new rim??

·
Premium Member
6,854 Posts
you can probably polish it out as long as its not like a freakin gouge, go from like 80 to 2000 grit sand paper (using other grits in between) and then hit it with metal polish, should be fine

·
Registered
8 Posts
I scratched my huff....it looks bad....:-(

I'm looking for shops to refinish it....not sure scratches on huff can be repaired....anybody successful in refinishing the huff?

·
Use Google Search!!!!
8,222 Posts
I scratched my huff....it looks bad....:-(

I'm looking for shops to refinish it....not sure scratches on huff can be repaired....anybody successful in refinishing the huff?
Ya, depends how deep they are

·
Registered
8 Posts
The curb ate some metal in the rim. I will post the pic.
It is not visible from distance.

·
Registered
200 Posts
If all else fails then you can check out vwvortex. There are guys selling single wheels from time to time

·
Registered
8 Posts
I will learn to live with it until I get one used rim or get all 4 painted black(nice excuse :))
Thanks

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have done a number of repairs with a dremel tool, finishing with the right fine grit sandpaper. You can even make deep grooves fade away with a radiused grind. At some point you have to worry about integrity, but most of these wheels are major overkills.

Other alternative is to buy steel wheels. Many autocross competitors do this.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts