Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i am wondering if that plastic shoe box scion will beat the gti. anyone raced with it??

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:p
how about the rabbit?
i see these shoe box tc's every time i go out to drive...

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
I'm not sure about the Rabbit.

The Scion Tc has about 160 HP and the Rabbit has 150HP. I don't know what the weights of the cars are so I don't know who will have the advantage. 10 HP isn't something to be blown out of the water with...

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
hahaha....I scion tc isn't even in the same ballpark as a GTI, it'd get completely fried. I've riddin in both rabbits and Tc's, and I'd say according to the ol' butt dyno, the rabbit is definately torque-ier. I'd put my dough on the Bunny.

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
banditscout said:
hahaha....I scion tc isn't even in the same ballpark as a GTI, it'd get completely fried. I've riddin in both rabbits and Tc's, and I'd say according to the ol' butt dyno, the rabbit is definately torque-ier. I'd put my dough on the Bunny.
Butt-Dyno is a Registered Trademark of Dragon. [fish]

·
Registered
33 Posts
my best friend just got out of his lease of an 07 TC for an 07 GTI. he loved his TC but it just wasn't quick enough. also the gas mileage isn't that impressive for the size and such.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
its like another honda civic :p maybe worse. if you have an accident in that thing, you are dead [fish]

·
Registered
336 Posts
Stock TC vs. Stock GTI...... ;D....yeah, it's made by Toyota and might last forever, but to think it'll beat a GTI..... :D....hmmm...does torque come standard in a TC?...LOL

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
kryptonkid07 said:
I think it brings it to about 200ish HP.
Actually the Scion TC is 170bhp with the TRD supercharger equipped. It's a little itty-bitty roots-type supercharge...that really doesn't do anything but whine.

·
Ex-Fahrenheit GTI Owner
1,312 Posts
Just came back from work and a Scion TC tried to race me....

I smoked him on the freeway and he followed me onto regular roads and I smoked him again - only way he could catch up is when I had to wait for a traffic light.

P.S. don't tell my wife ;)

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Vegas Fahrenheit said:
Just came back from work and a Scion TC tried to race me....

I smoked him on the freeway and he followed me onto regular roads and I smoked him again - only way he could catch up is when I had to wait for a traffic light.

P.S. don't tell my wife ;)
perfect :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts