Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone out there able to confirm this rumor???

it seems like some VW service shops will offer APR upgrades. The great thing i heard about it was that if you install it with VW service you will not void your warranty like in many aftermarket installs.

Haven't heard about what kind of mods they will offer. If someone knows would be great to share!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome... Any ideas of what will they offer?

·
Registered
4,620 Posts
Some dealerships have been doing this for a while. They do APR tunes and probably intake installations. Not sure they'll do downpipes. Unless I had a friend at the dealership, I wouldn't let them install anything like that on my car.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input csmith1957... I plan to do TBE myself though!

·
That's how I Röhrl
3,110 Posts
I'm not sure the partnership you're describing is what is actually happening.

Yes, some vw dealers are also apr dealers, and they have the common sense to understand what apr offers and how it effect the oem parts, performance, etc. I'm also aware of vw dealers being Revo dealers.

However, if you're asking if APR will be an official tuning brand of VW and it'll be offered everywhere, that hasn't happened and isn't happening. VW has it's own brand of tuning parts, albeit much harder to get in NA (vw motorsports springs, body kits, etc.). They're slow on the draw to bring out their own performance tune packages like Volvo's polestar, but who knows, probably the same reason why the GTI has had 200 hp for 8 years...

·
Registered
4,620 Posts
Kootenay is right. I was referring to the VW dealers also being APR dealers. I know nothing of said "partnership".

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes you are correct... the dealer i went to is getting APR. I have not heard about Revo though, this is good insight to have since this gives more options

1 - 8 of 8 Posts