Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
I can see how D.C is 5th. that place is a pain in the ass to drive in. I dread when I get jobs in there. DAMN I HATE THAT PLACE!!!!! It's one thing to drive your car there, its totally different drivin a truck with MONSTER glass racks on the side

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
Yeah... Houston is 11th, I think. I can see that too. It's bad, but not New York bad. When I went to New York there were people hanging out their windows and yelling. Just like in the movies! This was post 9/11 too... I wonder what it was like before.

·
Registered
46 Posts
yeah i know what you mean kryptonkid07. I haven't had the pleasure to drive in New York. But I bet it's 10 times worse than D.C. those taxi drivers are crazy!!!

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
i grew up in the dc area. I actually lived in VA but went to HS in Md, drivin here is absolutely nuts and a huge change from my what was a quiet college town of blacksburg, va (neVer forgeT 2007/04/16).

There are so many lanes around dc,funky one ways in dc and everyone thinks they own the road. I sold my jetta, so right now im using my silverado long bed 2500 (its 22ft+ in length) till i get my GTi next week, It is killing me, driving it around and parking.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Wow, I can't believe St. Louis made the list; usually people there aren't too bad. Then again, I've been living in NY/New England for the past four years, so that could be affecting my judgement.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I lived in Miami till I was 21, and holy crap it definitely deserves to be number one. Anything that you could possibly think of that rude and bad drivers do, you see it constantly in Miami. I think the big problem is the influx of people from latin america and whatnot, where they have a completely different kind of driving. Rude driving is just driving to them.

·
Super Moderator
5,926 Posts
i would have to say that if your city is in the top 25 there is no help for all these people out there. out of millions of cities denver is 20 that is pretty shitty

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My city (Edmonton, Alberta) wins the prize for dumbest drivers in North America and just plain worst-skilled drivers. Part of it is also, not rudeness, but just blind aggression, like "you're in my way and I have the right of way so I'm gonna step on the gas"... that kind of attitude. Not rudeness, just stupidity. I had a bit of a better feeling on that front in New England, when turning from a driveway into traffic people generally slowed down to avoid hitting you.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Thalo said:
My city (Edmonton, Alberta) wins the prize for dumbest drivers in North America and just plain worst-skilled drivers. Part of it is also, not rudeness, but just blind aggression, like "you're in my way and I have the right of way so I'm gonna step on the gas"... that kind of attitude. Not rudeness, just stupidity. I had a bit of a better feeling on that front in New England, when turning from a driveway into traffic people generally slowed down to avoid hitting you.
Just a little better, though . . . .

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
haha miami #1! god damn what crazy traffic and roads they have over there. i hate driving over there. yer almost guaranteed to have a ding in yer door or a scratch if you park for over an hour.

·
Registered
220 Posts
no offense but you are all wong. driving in nyc may suck, but the thats expected. everywhere around 95 from south DC to upper baltimore is full of crapy roads, wierd laws, and most of all, the rudest people on earth. i hate maryland. HATE IT

·
Registered
263 Posts
fuck florida

i know hella people from here live in fl but i fuckin hate it there, especially miami and orlando

·
Registered
38 Posts
Where is Philly on the list?

If I had to rate it I'd rate it at like 3... I hate driving to the city.

Anytime my friends try and go to the bars out there I make sure I'm a passenger.

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
AtDIelement said:

Anytime my friends try and go to the bars out there I make sure I'm a passenger.
Don't be talkin' bad about my home town :mad: LOLz

(At least in Philly we could make fun of Jersey drivers :p)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Dragon said:
AtDIelement said:

Don't be talkin' bad about my home town :mad: LOLz

(At least in Philly we could make fun of Jersey drivers :p)
Ha... true. Damn Jersey.

And i'm not talking bad... its my hometown too... but some of the people (mostly Ford drivers from what I've seen) seem to think they have the run of the town... makes me sad. :(

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.