Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
type s has 201 hp and i think around 160 tq. and 2800 pounds, just wondering if any one has ever raced one. i race my friend but he has his over 240 hp hedders intake exhaust and other things.

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Short of missing a shift, drag racing is one of the best demonstrations of a car's speed (in a straight line). Unless you're driving a pro-stock, top fuel, or something near the equal to those, the driver plays a very small role. Reaction time is important, but you can't magically shift better or different. It's very mechanical and less organic. What I'm getting at is it's the car more than the driver in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
i beat a rsx type-s i was driving about 80 on rt 80 and this black rsx-s pulls up next to me. We slow down to 60 and i here hiim drop a gear at that time i drop my gear into 3rd and had a huge boost. As soon as i got into 4th i was pulling away and by the time i hit 110mph i was about 2 car lengths. He stay with me when i reach around 100mph but i still messed him up

·
Registered
31 Posts
Okay - pretty much the same as a civic si - that's why this will be the last year for the RSX. The GTI should win every time because of the torque difference. Even if the RSX is modified with exhaust, intake, etc. these only improve overall HP and wont do much for the car off the line.

·
Registered
148 Posts
GTIRun said:
Okay - pretty much the same as a civic si - that's why this will be the last year for the RSX. The GTI should win every time because of the torque difference. Even if the RSX is modified with exhaust, intake, etc. these only improve overall HP and wont do much for the car off the line.
Wrong.

Race a K-series with I/H/E/reflash and see what happens. Or race a stock S2000 with its little torque.

Stock for stock, the GTI and RSX-S/Si are a driver's race.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I know its a drivers race but one feels a lot more pride in our v-dubs i have raced in a 3 lane highway with a rsx type s and civic si. it was one hell of a race when the turbo kicks in u pass them but when they pass 6000 rpm their v-tech kick but by then i was already flying. haha i guess thats wat german engineering is about.

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
I havn't raced a type-S in my MkIV but I did race on in my buddies 30V Passat (cat-back only) from a stop the guy was left. From a roll at 55 i pull on the passat like no tomorrow, even faster from a stop. I'm pretty sure I could rape a type-s. Even beat gsr swapped civics. Could probably beat a boosted rsx I drove at work a few months ago. Stage-2 Clutch, Jackson Racing supercharger.... He doesn't boost half as much as I do, but I have a stock awp so...

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
Lmao. I went through the tunnel here locally and raced a gsr when we got out, left th kid... Bout 5 mins later i see an old mkII jetta catch me, we went and his ass went squated and he left me in the dust. LOL!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts