Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

ROFL!

10K views 46 replies 33 participants last post by  shaun07 
#1 ·
HAHAHAHA, you gotta be kidding me.

#5 ·
a lot of people talk bad about fords, but i had a 2001 explorer that had no major problems. the only problem ever was a bent drive shaft, and i did that (jumping your truck = bad)

actually i had one problem with the 02 sensors, but that was very early into the car, and no problems since. fixed under warrantee without complaint

to this day i wish i didnt sell it, it was a nice riding, very fun car to drive....ps. i never did any services except oil changes

#6 ·
I had a 1993 ford probe gt it was the biggest piece of crap. When i first got it it was running great but when i put 2,000m on it fell apart the trans went the driver side door panal fell off crack windshield sunroof wouldn't open. When i got it only had 55,000 then around 57,000 it started to fall apart.

#7 ·
I looked at getting an SVT Focus a while back. They drove surprisingly well and had some decent pickup. Naturally aspirated it got 170hp. It's no pushover.

Until I bought my MKV, I owned 4 FoMoCo cars/trucks. I had no major issues with them. My Chevy on the other hand...

#11 ·
In all honesty, I'll jump on Ford's side here. I was the proud owner of a 2004 SVT focus for a couple years. Great little car, not quick off the line (0-60 in 7.5 or so), but once the engine was wound up above 5K and you were on a fun road, it's a tough car to beat on the fun factor. Fabulous handling and braking, with a great six speed. Great interior quality too and the exhaust had an awesome little rally-esque backfire. The car was more Euro than a lot of people realize. Everything on the damn car was metric and it really didn't drive like a domestic at all. I traded it in for my ex wife. EX being the key word there:) Now it's back to the hot hatch thing with the GTI, but I'll always respect and love the SVT focus.

#14 ·
My buddy has an svt and that thing got its ass whipped by my GTI. So we traded cars and ran them again to make sure its not a driver problem. Same exact result. He traded it in a week later. :'(

#15 ·
Of course it got it's ass whooped. Look at the numbers guys. 170 hp and 145 ft/lbs. That's why the SVT only lasted 4 years. It couldn't keep up with the hot hatch market over here. Now the Focus RS, which is in Europe is more along the right lines. AWD and Boosted up to 2 hundred some-odd hp. The SVT Focus will get it's ass handed to it off the line by a GTI any day, but it's a car deisigned for twists and turns, not street racing.

#16 ·
walkerwhippet said:
Of course it got it's ass whooped. Look at the numbers guys. 170 hp and 145 ft/lbs. That's why the SVT only lasted 4 years. It couldn't keep up with the hot hatch market over here. Now the Focus RS, which is in Europe is more along the right lines. AWD and Boosted up to 2 hundred some-odd hp. The SVT Focus will get it's ass handed to it off the line by a GTI any day, but it's a car deisigned for twists and turns, not street racing.
Technically, the reason the SVT Focus only lasted four years here is because SVT was disbanded. Saleen made a modified Focus called the N2O which, as the name would imply, came factory with a 10lb bottle of NOS that made 250hp.

#17 ·
DrJones said:
walkerwhippet said:
Technically, the reason the SVT Focus only lasted four years here is because SVT was disbanded. Saleen made a modified Focus called the N2O which, as the name would imply, came factory with a 10lb bottle of NOS that made 250hp.
i never heard of that focus... when did it come out??? and what did SVT get "disbanded" for

#18 ·
SVT went on hiatus for the model year 06 because the F-150 (Lightning) and the Mustang (Cobra) got facelifts on the base models. The GT-500 is due out for 07 all I've seen for the new Lightning is some concepts. Not even sure if the new Cobra or Lightning will have the SVT badge actually. No plans to bring back a souped up Focus back stateside, but like I said, the Euro Focus RS is a mean little AWD sucker that they still make.

#22 ·
Ok, I admnit it, damn that hopped up Focus looks good. Have not seen one in a while, but was in Europe this past week, and I see what you mean. Good looking car. Nice lines, good interior, and good performance. Not enough destinction between the wagaon models though...

#24 ·
my friend has an 01 focus zx3 and he thinks its fast..... haha.he has done a few things to it and it still only has 150-160hp. I told him i was getting a gti and he said "hope it can keep up with a 225hp focus." i wanted to say to him the gti will eat his car! I plan on getting an 06 or 07 gti and doing a few things to it to get around 300hp. what do you think?could his focus ever bet a gti?

#25 ·
He would have to spend way too much money on his focus, to beat a GTi. Its not worth the money.

And I currently own an 2002 F-150 Supercrew, and I haven't had any problems with it. My parents both own Explorers, and we haven't had problems with either of them. We're a Ford family, except for me I guess.

#26 ·
hampsterGTI said:
my friend has an 01 focus zx3 and he thinks its fast..... haha.he has done a few things to it and it still only has 150-160hp. I told him i was getting a gti and he said "hope it can keep up with a 225hp focus." i wanted to say to him the gti will eat his car! I plan on getting an 06 or 07 gti and doing a few things to it to get around 300hp. what do you think?could his focus ever bet a gti?

Haha, I know what you mean! I have a co worker with a Silverado and he's saying he will beat the GTI off the line.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.